New Fractal product coming!!

I believe the market has expanded, at least some.

But honestly, it probably is something else.

Also, my badgering on about the effects-only unit is no reflection at all on the incredible achievements FAS have accomplished in the amp modeling world, and how great the Dynacabs are (and also still with the many excellent standard IRs).

Personally, the amp+cab stomp box option's appeal is that I love my pedalboard already and would love to simply incorporate Fractal's amp modeling in there without the size of an FM3. That lets you play silently with headphones (assuming a headphone jack is in the unit or you already have another headphone solution like an audio interface), run through an FRFR, or turn off the cab/power amp modeling and plug into the FX Return of an amp to get the preamp modeling.

Something the size of an HX Stomp or smaller would be an immediate purchase for me. I really like Fractal's effects, but the main draw of the FM3 for my rig was the amp modeling.
Agreed. Though, when this "debate" about whatever new thing Fractal might release started, I didn't think it would be a small limited feature pedal, I still think the idea is bang on.

I've owned and loved the Iridium. I've been using Fractal's since 2011 I think starting with the Ultra. I have 2 AFX3s now, so I'm a certified Fractal weenie. AND I love the UAFX amp pedals. I think the UAFX amp mobile-only software sucks (I'm fine with the OX Stomp and delay/verb pedals' apps). I don't need "deep" editing capability for the UAFX amps. But their amp apps are so simplified they're barely useful.

Still, UAFX pedals dominate the high-quality modeling pedal space. Iridium is great, but it's 4 years old now. UFAX amp pedals are just next level. But Universal Audio is not "better" at modeling than Fractal. And people love new shiny stuff! So... a Fractal "Pepsi" to UA's "Coke" could sell like hotcakes (ha!).

Back
Top Bottom