New AxeFx II Video Clip..Gainier Mark Day

I think the reverbs are grainy on the Ultra, for example. I still haven't found the lush, crystalline "TC" chorus on the Ultra either. Am I allowed to comment on this forum? Or just agree? Seriously.......

wrong thread and commenting isn't bitching.

wrong thread and commenting isn't bitching.

To clarify, I think the guitarist Mark is amazing, deep respect, the tone on his youtube videos is really impressive, I was just commenting on the tone in this video as is. I made a clumsy comment and apologise if it caused offence. It really wasn't intended. I am the arbiter of nothing. I love Boney M too :) Peace.

All opinions are valid as they are after all YOUR opinion ,I think it depends what kinda music you like and what kind of sound you are looking for .
The sharp attack is just a boosted mid freq ,sure you could darken the sim an soften the attack with the eq in 5 mins. Marks tone is usually very similar and always has that "bite" or a lot of presence IMO

For the guys that want that 80s Lynch ,Whitesnake tone I hear that in spades .
But if you want Country or Blues .than Yes , probably not your bag.

I would not recommend this sim just like I would not recommend a Bogner Uberschall to Keith Urban

I'm at the hotel listening through crappy little laptop speakers and it sounds awesome. The note bloom and sustain is pretty amazing for something recorded at that low a volume.

I agree Cliff ,it sounds like it was recorded at ear shattering levels even though it was not .nice trick .

I hear the sound of many a wallet opening after this clip.

If there is a petition ,Please ,Please get this man an Axe Fx2 .It is a true travesty that he must return to Canada without AXE2 in hand lol

I agree Cliff ,it sounds like it was recorded at ear shattering levels even though it was not .nice trick .

I hear the sound of many a wallet opening after this clip.

If there is a petition ,Please ,Please get this man an Axe Fx2 .It is a true travesty that he must return to Canada without AXE2 in hand lol

Completely agree! Lets start one now :D

MARK! Damn fine job sir. My hat's off to you!!!

I'm honestly wondering what all the critics are listening to because I'm not sure they're listening to the same clips as me.

I think it sounds great. Mark's videos and willingness to help on youtube/rigtalk is what got me to buy an Ultra, and why I got my II from Tone Merchants :)

I'm at the hotel listening through crappy little laptop speakers and it sounds awesome. The note bloom and sustain is pretty amazing for something recorded at that low a volume.

I was blown away how much sound I could get from the Axe II out of my MacBook speakers and also from a set of headphones. Just crazy I tell ya! Thanks Cliff :)

Mark

This does not help I was sold on the Axe II but now I am even more gassed and worried about getting my order in what if they sell out in the first hour and I miss it! This is torturing me.

The dynamics and the nuances coming throught that clip mind blowing.

Hey Mark, Awsome as usual. I too dont hear a ton of difference between this and your Ultra clips which is good for me since I wont have a 2 for a couple of years. That clip is incredible sounding for sure. Knowing that my Ultra can come very close to these new tones is a good thing. Your vids are defenetly a huge reason that a lot of us have our Axe's so keep'm comin!

Thanks

I don't expect everyone to like my clips, playing or taste in music. That would be silly :)

I am glad that I don't have some posters golden ears when it comes to the top end that some say they hear.
My last visit to the audiologist revealed that I have a slight loss at around 4khz. I always hated that frequency when I mixed live bands and always pulled a little of that out. She told me that 4khz is also the predominant frequency for a females speaking voice. I often wondered why I couldn't hear my wife sometimes. She said most men will have a slight loss at that frequency.
God is kind ain't he? I feel sorry for the golden ears out there that have to listen to the so called Line6 top end and of course, nagging women :)
Being 50 is a damn good thing :)

Mark

Having one installed with my Gotoh floyd..hear they are a godsend for a floating trem!!
I had one on my schecter 7 string and buzzing sound on one fret, that i could never quite isolate and get rid of for the longest time. One day i was messing with my tremolno an di disconnected it and the vibration on that one fret stopped. I since accidentally broke off the finger that slides into the back of the floyd and its been non operational since. My tremolno was locked in a fixed position when it was doing this so be warned, and check every fret on your guitar to see if its resonating new buzzes after you install the tremolno.

I had one on my schecter 7 string and buzzing sound on one fret, that i could never quite isolate and get rid of for the longest time. One day i was messing with my tremolno an di disconnected it and the vibration on that one fret stopped. I since accidentally broke off the finger that slides into the back of the floyd and its been non operational since. My tremolno was locked in a fixed position when it was doing this so be warned, and check every fret on your guitar to see if its resonating new buzzes after you install the tremolno.

If you had a buzzing sound with the tremol-no, and not without it, there probably wasn't a fret buzzing. I'm betting the tremol-no was vibrating in the cavity of the guitar and making it sound like it was a fret buzzing.

Your correct the guitar was resonating the tremol-no some how when i picked that fret. Actually it might of not been in the fixed locked down position (memory isnt so good). I thought maybe if they could come up with a design that had small barrings so it rolled up and down the little shaft when unlocked it be much better cause then there would be less potential for vibrations when certain strings were picked.

Don't you guys get it? Bufont 69 wants some attention and the best way to get attention is to "go against the grain." The fly in the ointment is that such petty critiques come across like finger nails on a chalkboard. Everyone has an immediate unpleasant reaction. He gets the attention he desperately craves but at what price? He knows quite well that Mr. Day demonstrated remarkable technique and tone with a portable computer! Rather than commenting on the scene at hand, Mr. Bufont creates a straw dog and reacts as if Mr. Day worked on this tone for years and utilized the best recording techniques known to geekdom. Yes, Mr. Bufont you now have your attention so you can quietly go away. Mr. Bufont is a cliche. Fortunately, you can hear him coming a mile away.

Back
Top Bottom