My first blast beats: Mesa IIC+ Gothic Chaos (Cab Pack 7)

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

Although it's not the Cab Pack that gets used much these days I always love going back to the pack that started it all for me Cab Pack 7: CK's USA Traditional 4x12 UltraRes. I used the CK CHAOTIC ARRANGEMENTS IR for this song and of course Cab Pack 11 for bass as I always do. :)

For those who don't know there's been a conversion from UltraRes to UltraRes 2.0 in which I re-created some Petrucci-esque Preset-Cab Bundles that can be heard in this clip:

I strongly advice all you Cab Pack 7 lovers out there to visit the pack again and the UltraRes 2.0 Preset-Cab Bundles.

Nice stuff. You have to use a Mesa traditional when playing metalcore.

Really not a bad sounding metalcore song either, and takes me back

Cool! I've got a few cab packs, but this is still my favorite Cab Pack!
You began with a long lasting product :)
Hofi it was actually your message that got me the idea to try the IIC+ in a clip. :) This is essentially my Mark IV preset settings switched to IIC+ and balancing things with the GEQ.

And yes I'm very happy to say that my IR shoot technique was perfected before the first official Cab Pack and there hasn't been a need to change it. If I would shoot Cab Pack 7 again today it would sound the same. :) Right now I'm experimenting with something that I will announce when the time is right but even this new technique is based on the old technique and just adds versatility.

And yes for us Petrucci fans it's hard to beat the Traditional 4x12 Mesa cabinet with the 70w V30s in it. Nothing else sounds quite like it but luckily other cabs also sound good in their own way and it's all about the quest of finding that cab that speaks to you. :) Right now for me it's the Diezel 4x12 mixes that blend the K100 and V30. They're just extremely full and all that.

Nice stuff. You have to use a Mesa traditional when playing metalcore.

Really not a bad sounding metalcore song either, and takes me back
Cheers buddy! Ha... I kind of don't know what I'm doing in the core genre since I haven't enjoyed many bands from that genre but they're the benchmark for modern metal guitar tones right?

Sounds badass. I'm stuck on Cab Pack 13 but need to check this one out.
Cab Pack 13 still has two of my favorite IR's in it. SM57-MD421 02 and SM57-R121 03. Those two are my #1 and #2 slots in the Axe-Fx and whenever I start creating a serious recording sessions those are the ones I compare other IR's to. ;) That being said you can not get that Traditional Mesa 4x12 sound out of Cab Pack 13. It's just so specific although essentially many people would consider these two "the same cabinet".

Great tone right there, It's tight, percussive which I loved, and that Riff at the beginning, it has a powerful and huge character which makes the song more aggressive !

Hofi it was actually your message that got me the idea to try the IIC+ in a clip. :) This is essentially my Mark IV preset settings switched to IIC+ and balancing things with the GEQ.

And yes I'm very happy to say that my IR shoot technique was perfected before the first official Cab Pack and there hasn't been a need to change it. If I would shoot Cab Pack 7 again today it would sound the same. :) Right now I'm experimenting with something that I will announce when the time is right but even this new technique is based on the old technique and just adds versatility.

And yes for us Petrucci fans it's hard to beat the Traditional 4x12 Mesa cabinet with the 70w V30s in it. Nothing else sounds quite like it but luckily other cabs also sound good in their own way and it's all about the quest of finding that cab that speaks to you. :) Right now for me it's the Diezel 4x12 mixes that blend the K100 and V30. They're just extremely full and all that.
Wow! That's awesome. \m/

Thanks for another reminder that cab pack 7 was a brilliant purchase.

Haven't checked but is there any chance on some videos explaining your mixing process cause this sounds glorious

Thanks for another reminder that cab pack 7 was a brilliant purchase.

Haven't checked but is there any chance on some videos explaining your mixing process cause this sounds glorious
Well first of all thank you for the multiple compliments. Mix-wise I'm doing something completely new. I moved to a new place and I really went all in with my studio room and the sound is just so clear and neutral that I'm enjoying mixing way more. It's usually mostly about finding the right volume balance. I'm using EZDrummer 2 and Made of Metal is the EZX if I remember correctly. The snare samples are actually top secret. (ooooooh...) :D

Although it's not the Cab Pack that gets used much these days I always love going back to the pack that started it all for me Cab Pack 7: CK's USA Traditional 4x12 UltraRes. I used the CK CHAOTIC ARRANGEMENTS IR for this song and of course Cab Pack 11 for bass as I always do. :)

For those who don't know there's been a conversion from UltraRes to UltraRes 2.0 in which I re-created some Petrucci-esque Preset-Cab Bundles that can be heard in this clip:

I strongly advice all you Cab Pack 7 lovers out there to visit the pack again and the UltraRes 2.0 Preset-Cab Bundles.

Preset of this IIC+ ;)
Pleaseeeeee

Still probably my favorite Cab Pack for Petrucci-esque tones and having a great time mixing it with the ML USA 2x12.

I am looking forward to Cab Pack 24...soon??

Still probably my favorite Cab Pack for Petrucci-esque tones and having a great time mixing it with the ML USA 2x12.

I am looking forward to Cab Pack 24...soon??
..... long story. I'm officially never promising anything again on the forum. :D It should be out in a few days..... is what I would say if I made promises on the forum but I don't anymore. :D

..... long story. I'm officially never promising anything again on the forum. :D It should be out in a few days..... is what I would say if I made promises on the forum but I don't anymore. :D
G'day Mikko. I'm actually OK with waiting as quality is more important but once you tease it and I know the lead time isn't like waiting for an AX8 (or AXII before it, or anything from Mesa or EBMM) it makes it a bit harder. I am also super interested in trying the V30 / K100 blends myself

Back
Top Bottom