More Brit 800 #34 goodiness

Smittefar

Axe-Master
I have been working on a new Brit 800 #34 preset this week, so when Leon (@2112) posted a demo today, I thought I would fix the last bits and pieces and make a short demo today.

Leon uses an IR from a Mesa Boogie cab with V30s and gets some great modern tones. I am going for a more classic vibe, and I am in love with the OH412 MAR PR-H55 57 IR from the OwnHammer 412 MAR Green Vintage Player Pack.

I apologize for forgetting to set the focus on the camera, and as I listen back to the recording, I probably want to reduce the bass a bit. I like the fullness, but it gets overwhelming, especially when I chug away on the high gain setting.

I can upload the preset tomorrow (it's already past my bedtime). It is drive-amp-cab-PEQ-Filter-Reverb - I have set it up with three scenes; clean(ish), medium gain and Dirty. The change is done with scene controller 1 attached to input gain, Master Volume and the cab block level. The only advanced parameters I touched are speaker drive and compression.

I love all of this; the tones, the guitar, the tunes and the playing. This video showcases that the great thing about the AX8 isn't the ability to just sound like a collection of iconic tones, it's about reflecting the character of the individual player.

I love all of this; the tones, the guitar, the tunes and the playing. This video showcases that the great thing about the AX8 isn't the ability to just sound like a collection of iconic tones, it's about reflecting the character of the individual player.

Wow Leon, thanks

Great video, great playing & great tones!

Would love to try the preset

Best

David

Thanks. I well put the preset up later

Thanks guys, the preset is attached. Note that I use the commercial IR from @ownhammer - Obviously, the IR is not included, so you will have to find a similar IR - This one was greenbacks with a SM57 OH412 MAR PR-H55 57 IR.

With my guitars, the preset is set up such that all three scenes hover around the line in the VU meters. The filter block is not really doing anything, but scene controller 2 is attached to its level to allow for song specific level changes (I run one preset per song). Also the Y-side of the filter block is set up with a little mid boost which might be handy for solos.

The PEQ block just adds some subtle EQ moves that would usually be added add the mixing desk (live or in the studio). The EQ settings were posted in this thread https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/eq-tips-for-live-tones.135590/, which I think got far too little attention :)

Attachments

• Brit 800 34 Scenes_Smittefar.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 110
Nice preset - although I needed to roll of the bass quite a bit, like you've said yourself. :)

Also - cool to see you're also using Jason Sadites Eq-tips from the Helix video - works great, don't they?

Nice !

Edit : Just tried your preset , and I used @Moke favorite cab , posted in another thread recently. Sounds fantastic. Thank you both.

Last edited:
Nice preset - although I needed to roll of the bass quite a bit, like you've said yourself. :)

Also - cool to see you're also using Jason Sadites Eq-tips from the Helix video - works great, don't they?

I'm glad it works for you :)

The EQ moves are really more or less the same as a FOH engineer would apply on the board after micing a regular cab, so it makes sense that we should apply the same after the IR. If I just turn the PEQ block on/off, I think it's very subtle, but I think it will make quite a difference in a mix. Thanks for posting the thread.

Thanks for sharing, as with most shared presets I ended up considerably tweaking to personal taste, but what was extremely helpful was your PEQ block. As you mentioned the difference is subtle, but it is definitely there. I alway cut the hi cut on the cab bock to around 6500 and the low cut to around 100, but your PEQ added a bit of something back.

I liked it so much I've added it to most of my other presets.

Thanks!

Yeah, this preset rocks, scene 3 has lot of juice!

Obviously, the IR is not included, so you will have to find a similar IR - This one was greenbacks with a SM57 OH412 MAR PR-H55 57 IR.

If you don't have this ownhammer cab you can try F184 (4x12 Greenback mix) or this nice couple in stereo mode: F102 (4x12 basketweave AX mix) paired with F103 (4x12 basketweave TV mix).

Back
Top Bottom