• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Moody high gain song with no guitars, all bass and drums. ML USA Bass cab pack (coming soon)

shaunb

Experienced

Challenge: make a hard rocking high gain song with no guitars, only bass and drums.
This was an experiment that I didn't think would turn out this well, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Bass tracks are done with the Citrus Bass 200 and ML Sound Lab USA Bass IRs that are coming out soon. This pack is based on a Mesa Powerhouse PH1000.

The "guitar" tracks are done with my G&L Tribute L2500 5 string bass through a Brit 800, Corncob M50 and a Plexi using ML Zilla IRs.

Clean delays are a Class A 30W TB with ML Zilla cabs.

The high gain tones are the exact same presets I use on most of my guitar tracks, I didn't even adjust them for the bass. I just plugged in and played and this is the result.

Last edited:

shaunb

Experienced
Well damn... Who needs guitars anymore? Sounds great and nice groove Shaunb.
Thanks.
I was going to say who needs guitarists when the AxeFXII sounds this good with bass, then I remembered that I'm not great at bass lol. We still need guitarist, I hope .

I'm really enjoying playing bass lately. After this one turned out better than expected I started writing two more "bass only" songs.

If they turn out ok I'll post them as well.

shaunb

Experienced
The bass tone entering a 0:44 is awesome!!!
Thanks.
That's my main bass tone I'm using on all of my stuff at the moment.

That's where you hear the Helmet fanboy in my recordings. I'm a massive fan of the Hamilton/Stanier/Bogdan era.
I'm not necessarily trying to replicate the Henry Bogdan bass tone but there's definitely a similarity there.

Top Bottom