Modeler Stress Test

The reverb between first and second seemed to be different.
Reverb does mask the sound a little, so i think you shouldn't have used that.
The reverb on the second clips sounds like what I'd think the reverb on the axe sounds like, so i guess that's the Axe.
The first is the real amp then. There's also a bit more background noise in that clip. I'd expect the axe to have less than a real amp.
Other than that, the first and the second sound really close.
And the third one is POD, or guitar rig. I can't imagine any modern modeller sounding this flat. It also sounds as if the dry signal is mixed in a bit.

Anyway, hoping "Ares" is comming to Axe FX two too.
Cheers, mate.

Not sure (I don't really like any tone here)
Well, the goal here wasn't to make a good tone, but to stress test, with the eq all set to 10, to see if the modellers react like the real amp would in this config. :)
This is a good idea. :) I'd like to hear more tests such as these.

Well, the goal here wasn't to make a good tone, but to stress test, with the eq all set to 10, to see if the modellers react like the real amp would in this config. :)
This is a good idea. :) I'd like to hear more tests such as these.

Duh! And you can still have amps all cranked to 10 and have a great tone that you love...

I'm guessing they were all Mr. Chase. ;) <jk>

I too think the third is the other one. Had the same compressed sound that made me return every product of theirs that I tried. If I'm wrong..so be it and maybe I'll give 'em another shot.

BTW, is anyone else worried that ARES is pretty close to Boss's new name for COSM? :p

RR

1. Real
2. lll
3. p00

Btw...not using an oxford comma threw me for a loop, but in a good way. The first two samples I was trying figure out which one it was supposed to sound like...whereas the 3rd just sounded like it didn't belong with the other two. Difference in volume and overall audio softening of the sound just made it sound awkward in comparison.

Ares! Cool! Just listening on my phone I would guess 1st Fractal, 2nd the real amp and 3rd the competition.

#3 is the competitor. #1&2 are too similar. I've compared 2 of the same amps that have had more variations than #1&2, especially if one of the amps was powered on and warmed up longer than the other.

Back
Top Bottom