• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Let's see your favourite guitar!

bammbamm

Experienced
This is my favorite 7 string.
View attachment 17710
View attachment 17712
View attachment 17707
Before painting I rounded over the body's edges, Ibanez likes to make guitars that chip very easy and aren't as comfortable as a Fender strat contour
I painted it use spray cans. I replaced the RG7620 V7 pickups with SD customs.
Scalloped the fretboard from 7th fret up.
Custom wiring using super 5 way switch:
5- Neck
4- outer coils in parallel
3- both humbuckers
2- inner coils in parallel
1- Bridge
Pull volume = Parallel bridge humbucker
Pull tone = pickups out of phase
Kill switch

Cool job. Could you send me a diagram of the schematic for it? Thanks.

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
cant decide between this

or ...

Blue wins hands down! My question is my Suhr classic wammy does not stay in tune when trying some EVH type craziness or even some gentle trem. Does this one, and do you wish you would have opted for a Floyd with this one?

openmind

Inspired
Blue wins hands down! My question is my Suhr classic wammy does not stay in tune when trying some EVH type craziness or even some gentle trem. Does this one, and do you wish you would have opted for a Floyd with this one?
well ... I actually think this type of tremolo is not the best for some crazy EVH or even Vai whammy bar tricks but mine stays in tune quite well. Actually have a suhr classic, and I play lots of Jeff Beck tremolo tricks in that one, and never got a problem. Still, next one will have tremolo just to go wild :p ... thinkin about koa and tremolo ... we ll see :)

kevrock

Experienced
My fav

GibsonLesPaul

Experienced
Not my favorite (yet) but my newest :)
This is a real racer. Tried one a few monts ago and was sold, finally found exactly the one of my choice.
Peavey EVH Wolfgang. Arched top, birdseye maple neck and a sound....whoa!

PeaveyWolfgang_zps8096507f.jpg

Rexgtr

Experienced
I bought a Steinberger GM4TA a year ago for $2400 I'd say it has increased in value.
Took me weeks to sort out the transtrem which the saddles were mixed around.

It's fairly involved setting these up and when the strings stretch out you need to re calibrate

Transposing is wicked fun
My Steinberger ZT3 has a really useful transtrem 3

jleader

Yeah... I love my Steinberger and especially the TransTrem. But yeah, setting up the transposing function is kinda tedious. Other than that, it's probably been my favorite feeling trem bridge as it's very smooth feeling.

Hellbat

Fractal Fanatic
My RR1T is my favorite. RIP Randy! It's had a little battle damage since this picture was taken, but it still is my baby...

My go-to axe: a stock CU24 from dunno-what-year. It plays great, sounds great, It's the one I compare all other guitars to, the one I use to test new gear/patches etc.
I have 2 other very nice PRSi and a Suhr but I play this one 75% of the time.

I recently put a set of WCR Godwoods in the one below b/c I didn't like the stock PRS #6 PuPs. I'm still evaluating that change...

I don't consider myself a "PRS guy" by any means except: Damn, his guitars play so well! I love the necks, the scale length, the wood. Maybe I am a PRS guy but won't admit it?

That's a really great looking singlecut. Is there a load of difference between the older singlecuts before the were sued by Gibson, to what's coming out now? I've never really paid any attention to them until recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LVC

Fractal Fanatic
Just picked this one up yesterday -- so she automatically goes to the front of the line

Gibson CS 336

Top Bottom