Let's see your favourite guitar!

However, I was expecting it to be moved back more than it is. Their idea of an inch back does seem a little off. I have a SL2H-V (you can see it earlier in this thread) and the volume knob position on that one is perfect...well, almost.

Edit: here is the picture:

Last edited:
However, I was expecting it to be moved back more than it is. Their idea of an inch back does seem a little off. I have a SL2H-V (you can see it earlier in this thread) and the volume knob position on that one is perfect...well, almost.

Edit: here is the picture:

Exactly! Looking at the Music Zoo Vintage "one-offs", there is much more room for your right hand (which is my one problem with soloists)

The Schecter is my go to 6 stringer, upgraded mine with seymour duncan blackouts and now I can not find anything I like better!
but tottaly G A Sing on the new Jackson USA select B8 Deluxe! just sucks being in New Zealand when it comes to top endish guitars!

Schecter s1_elite.jpgb8-deluxe.jpg

Got her back! The best sounding playing guitar Ive ever owned,my first year quilt Wolfgang. Ive got another monster/very special Wolf on the way, Should be here tuesday. This will do for now though

This is my favorite 7 string.
73646_444879474070_7613004_n.jpg
73995_444880769070_1785190_n.jpg
424293_10150581496534071_152495629_n.jpg
Before painting I rounded over the body's edges, Ibanez likes to make guitars that chip very easy and aren't as comfortable as a Fender strat contour
I painted it use spray cans. I replaced the RG7620 V7 pickups with SD customs.
Scalloped the fretboard from 7th fret up.
Custom wiring using super 5 way switch:
5- Neck
4- outer coils in parallel
3- both humbuckers
2- inner coils in parallel
1- Bridge
Pull volume = Parallel bridge humbucker
Pull tone = pickups out of phase
Kill switch

This is my Tim Donahue Signature Electric Fretless Harp Guitar. The six neck strings and the six harp strings have one pickup/output each so I run a dual input into the Axe with two separate sound processing path in my patches. Normally a Harp Guitar has lower bass strings added by the harp side but not this one - this one has the harp strings tuned in the same octave as the neck strings. Typically you might use F#, E, D, C#, B, A for the harp strings, thus duplicating the two thinner neck strings and adding some other. I also has a short iron bar (a "fret") on the harp strings, close to the "nut", that allows me to raise each harp string by a half note; useful for recordings but a bit cumbersome for a concert situation as you need to use the right hand for this and not only stop playing the fretless but also moving it quite a long distance from the neck up to the harp head.

P1010531.JPGP1010534.JPGpboy_tdhg.jpg

Here it plays in a duet with a Stick. Anything plucked or strummed is the harp side and the fretless tone should be easy to spot (everything else is Stick, ie the tapped notes)

Here it plays in a duet with a Stick. Anything plucked or strummed is the harp side and the fretless tone should be easy to spot (everything else is Stick, ie the tapped notes)

Per, that instrument looks mind-bogglingly amazing and sounds fantastic.

My VSC Mcnaught on the left and my 68 Reissue Les Paul Custom in the middle are my 2 favs

This used to be my favorite...McNaught Phoenix Rising...sold it a while ago though. It was the most versatile guitar ever...super clear sounding too. I know who has it just in case I ever want it back.

This is my favorite 7 string.
View attachment 17710
View attachment 17712
View attachment 17707
Before painting I rounded over the body's edges, Ibanez likes to make guitars that chip very easy and aren't as comfortable as a Fender strat contour
I painted it use spray cans. I replaced the RG7620 V7 pickups with SD customs.
Scalloped the fretboard from 7th fret up.
Custom wiring using super 5 way switch:
5- Neck
4- outer coils in parallel
3- both humbuckers
2- inner coils in parallel
1- Bridge
Pull volume = Parallel bridge humbucker
Pull tone = pickups out of phase
Kill switch

Cool job. Could you send me a diagram of the schematic for it? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom