• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Let's see your favourite guitar!

Alien Ore

Inspired
However, I was expecting it to be moved back more than it is. Their idea of an inch back does seem a little off. I have a SL2H-V (you can see it earlier in this thread) and the volume knob position on that one is perfect...well, almost.

Edit: here is the picture:

Last edited:

claxor

Power User
However, I was expecting it to be moved back more than it is. Their idea of an inch back does seem a little off. I have a SL2H-V (you can see it earlier in this thread) and the volume knob position on that one is perfect...well, almost.

Edit: here is the picture:

Exactly! Looking at the Music Zoo Vintage "one-offs", there is much more room for your right hand (which is my one problem with soloists)

Brady_lynch_nz

The Schecter is my go to 6 stringer, upgraded mine with seymour duncan blackouts and now I can not find anything I like better!
but tottaly G A Sing on the new Jackson USA select B8 Deluxe! just sucks being in New Zealand when it comes to top endish guitars!

Schecter s1_elite.jpgb8-deluxe.jpg

lessthanone

Inspired
Got her back! The best sounding playing guitar Ive ever owned,my first year quilt Wolfgang. Ive got another monster/very special Wolf on the way, Should be here tuesday. This will do for now though

Rexgtr

Experienced
This is my favorite 7 string.
73646_444879474070_7613004_n.jpg
73995_444880769070_1785190_n.jpg
424293_10150581496534071_152495629_n.jpg
Before painting I rounded over the body's edges, Ibanez likes to make guitars that chip very easy and aren't as comfortable as a Fender strat contour
I painted it use spray cans. I replaced the RG7620 V7 pickups with SD customs.
Scalloped the fretboard from 7th fret up.
Custom wiring using super 5 way switch:
5- Neck
4- outer coils in parallel
3- both humbuckers
2- inner coils in parallel
1- Bridge
Pull volume = Parallel bridge humbucker
Pull tone = pickups out of phase
Kill switch

Per Boysen

Inspired
This is my Tim Donahue Signature Electric Fretless Harp Guitar. The six neck strings and the six harp strings have one pickup/output each so I run a dual input into the Axe with two separate sound processing path in my patches. Normally a Harp Guitar has lower bass strings added by the harp side but not this one - this one has the harp strings tuned in the same octave as the neck strings. Typically you might use F#, E, D, C#, B, A for the harp strings, thus duplicating the two thinner neck strings and adding some other. I also has a short iron bar (a "fret") on the harp strings, close to the "nut", that allows me to raise each harp string by a half note; useful for recordings but a bit cumbersome for a concert situation as you need to use the right hand for this and not only stop playing the fretless but also moving it quite a long distance from the neck up to the harp head.

P1010531.JPGP1010534.JPGpboy_tdhg.jpg

Here it plays in a duet with a Stick. Anything plucked or strummed is the harp side and the fretless tone should be easy to spot (everything else is Stick, ie the tapped notes)

iaresee

Administrator
Here it plays in a duet with a Stick. Anything plucked or strummed is the harp side and the fretless tone should be easy to spot (everything else is Stick, ie the tapped notes)

Per, that instrument looks mind-bogglingly amazing and sounds fantastic.

ptgold

Inspired
My VSC Mcnaught on the left and my 68 Reissue Les Paul Custom in the middle are my 2 favs

This used to be my favorite...McNaught Phoenix Rising...sold it a while ago though. It was the most versatile guitar ever...super clear sounding too. I know who has it just in case I ever want it back.

Top Bottom