Jeff Beck Passed...

Sipping rye and now scotch. Binging on Jeff Beck videos. Wow man. That guy got my eyes wet. I loved the guy but holy shit. I never deep dived before. Rockabilly and all kinds of stuff. Early stuff before he went all in on his hands. Black Les Paul. Gretch’s Marshall’s what a baddass. So sad he’s gone. He left behind a wealth of work. To him the guitar was just an extension of himself. In a way that few will ever reach. Jeff Beck. The man.

Man... another great legend passes! A reminder to us all that life is very short and that we to will pass. Some of us will leave an everlasting impression on humanity as a whole. His body of work will be studied for future time to come and will inspire people to play the guitar.

What a great guitarist! :)

check out brett Garsed's beautiful tribute on the the facebook

beck's been one of my heroes since i started playing guitar 40 years ago. saw him a few times in london. once with tony hymas and terry bozzio on the guitar shop tour at hammersmith odeon. absolutely mindblowing gig. i spent most of it with my jaw hanging open, or just grinning maniacally. he broke a string at one point, took off his guitar, slid it across the stage so it disappeared into the wings and another guitar slid onstage, he put it on and continued from where he left off. at the end of the gig, he ripped all the strings off his guitar. total showman. i also saw him at the shepherds bush empire and i was in the second row just watching him do his thing from about 6 feet away. i left that gig humbled and inspired by his total mastery of the instrument. he tried playing a note over the neck pickup with his slide during a very quiet section and knocked into the lower horn of the guitar on the way up, which you could hear as a loud "bonk" which was heavily delayed and reverbed. he was so pissed of, he shook his head and said "oh f*ck!" to himself. even the best make mistakes. that really humanised him for me. his legacy is so huge, he influenced and inspired so many players.

Memorable moments in my life. Buying Blow by Blow when it was released. Watching Jeff and Jan Hammer open for Jefferson Starship at the late Capitol Center. Watching Live At Ronnie Scott's on DVD.

Never a huge fan, but surely one of the icons and legends... Saw him in Tokyo pre-covid... 2019 something I guess. Great. Those Tokyo shows are the best intimate venues you always feel close to the artist. R.I.P

Wow, so many feelings. Jeff Beck was my original guitar hero. I recall playing 45's in my friends bedroom of the Yardbirds. He was unique even then.
I had all of his early albums, loved them all. Then Blow by Blow came out and it just sealed my admiration for him.

So glad that his body of work will last for generations. May God speed, R.I.P.

once with tony hymas and terry bozzio on the guitar shop tour
I really wish I'd made the effort to see him on that tour.

Guitar Shop was my first real introduction to Jeff aside from People Get Ready on MTV, which still gets me in the feels every time.

Back
Top Bottom