Internal Controllers Overview - Video

Thanks Simeon. This is extremely interesting and opens doors I did not suspect. Thanks also for sharing these presets. That is a great gift. I hope someday you will also produce some tutorial on scene controllers as suggested in the beginning of this video.

There's quite a few more knobs than Bass Mid and Treble then??

Totally absorbing video Sim .... even with the 'decond class dicket to dottingham' inflection ..... I'd recommend several hot whiskeys (Powers Irish Whiskey of course) ;)

Sim - very very nicely done matey….

you've really got an interesting and unusual approach to all this…
sometimes you seem more like a keys player goofing with guitar kit…

either way… it's very cool..

Excellent video! Many things I had never considered. You are one of the many reasons this forum is helpful to so many of us! Thank you for your time and knowledge!

Great post Simeon. So many aspects to this box that I've not even scratched the surface on and extremely well done!

MM

Thanks a lot Simeon !
That is one of a video !
I never thought of such modifier uses, this really opens new horizons to me.
Greetings !

thanks for watching, sean. as a very basic overview, it's ok...but there are a lot of subtle details i didn't go into. worth doing another that digs a bit deeper, but also explains a bit more about the stuff in the parameter linking window as well, i think. i'll try to plan the next one out in a bit more detail before i start. i was definitely winging it with this one. :)

I liked the fact that this was an overview that showcases examples while explaining some of the controls. Looking forward to the second installment. Just this gave me a lot to digest and experiment with. Thanks!

Simeon,

In the example where you assign a pitch source controller to the pitch block and have the fixed harmony only play at higher notes, how do you assign where not to activate and where to activate? There isn't any controls in 'pitch' under 'controllers'.

Hi Simeon,
Just wanted to add my thanks to the others for your amazing, mind expanding video.
Layers within layers within layers. I was reminded of the film Inception ! Trying to get my mind around the concept of using an external controller to control one of the LFO1 parameters . Genius !
It will take a while to absorb all this new info. Can't wait for your next video though !!
It is these kinds of videos that enables mere mortals like me to gain greater enjoyment out of the Axe by increasing our understanding of its possibilities.
I also want to say how much I enjoyed your demo sounds of your ambient guitar stuff. Really great, I intend to check out your albums now...

Simeon,

In the example where you assign a pitch source controller to the pitch block and have the fixed harmony only play at higher notes, how do you assign where not to activate and where to activate? There isn't any controls in 'pitch' under 'controllers'.

The pitch modifier doesn't need any controls. It just detects pitch and puts out a high value when pitch is high and vice versa. It's always on, but won't do anything until you actually attach it to a parameter. In my example it's attached to input gain, so when the pitch is high, so is input gain and you hear the effect

I think the question is, what is "high" or what is the cutoff note between low and high?
I think it doesn't matter so much what's high and what's low. What matters is how it affects the sound, and you're going to dial that in by ear with the modifiers, no matter what the actual numbers are.

X-axis is E2 to E6 (guitar open low E to 24th fret high E) from left to right. The modifier settings determine how pitch affects the parameter.

Last edited:
Yes it's proportional. Low E puts out a value of around zero and high E puts out a value around 100. You set the curve in the parameter linking window do that the parameter is modifiedin the way you want.

If I know that from open D and higher will have the effect and lower won't (for example) at default settings, that's useful info to me :)

Back
Top Bottom