Internal Controllers Overview - Video

@Simeon, have you tried modifier/controllers on the looper block parameters?

thanks man

i haven't no.

if all the controls were assignable, then you could use it as an "effect" rather then a looper. i asked for this ages ago and Adam was able to open up Play, Reverse and Half Speed, but unfortunately not Record, which means you still have to do it manually, which makes it a no-go for me. if we could get record as well, then we would essentially have a super-delay and change direction, pitch and retrigger using internal controllers, which would be very cool indeed.

Watched it. Utterly brilliant (applies to you and FAS)! Really helped me to understand what these controllers can do, beyond what the manual says. Don't hesitate to make more videos as you see fit. ;)

Nice job.

thanks for watching, sean. as a very basic overview, it's ok...but there are a lot of subtle details i didn't go into. worth doing another that digs a bit deeper, but also explains a bit more about the stuff in the parameter linking window as well, i think. i'll try to plan the next one out in a bit more detail before i start. i was definitely winging it with this one. :)

Great stuff Simeon! Which albums of yours are using the AxeFx on it? I've got "The Assessment", and I know you were using the TC GForce on that one.

thanks for watching, sean. as a very basic overview, it's ok...but there are a lot of subtle details i didn't go into. worth doing another that digs a bit deeper, but also explains a bit more about the stuff in the parameter linking window as well, i think. i'll try to plan the next one out in a bit more detail before i start. i was definitely winging it with this one. :)

I will be waiting for that one!

One thing you showed which is now kind of a "duh moment" for me was that you can assign a controller to control an parameter within another controller. There seems to be a huge amount of power right there :)

Great stuff Simeon! Which albums of yours are using the AxeFx on it? I've got "The Assessment", and I know you were using the TC GForce on that one.

cool!

The Assessment - TC G-Force (Lexicon Jamman x2 for looping)
Mechanoia - TC G-Force + Eventide H3000 (Electrix Repeater for looping)
Captured - TC-G-Force + Eventide Eclipse (Electrix Repeater and TC D2 x2 for looping)
eScape - TC-G-Force + Eventide Eclipse + NI Reaktor (Electrix Repeater and TC D2 x2 for looping and Lexicon MPX-1 and plugins for loop treatments).
Beyond the Frozen Sea - Axe FX Ultra + NI Reaktor (Mobius running on a Macbook pro for looping with plugins for loop treatments)

i haven't decided what my next album will be. it might be mostly orchestral, or it might be a selection of suites performed on my new 8 string headless guitar (whenever it arrives...already been waiting over a year), or it might be something else entirely. it won't be an ambient album and it won't be "eScape II"

Last edited:
thanks man

i haven't no.

if all the controls were assignable, then you could use it as an "effect" rather then a looper. i asked for this ages ago and Adam was able to open up Play, Reverse and Half Speed, but unfortunately not Record, which means you still have to do it manually, which makes it a no-go for me. if we could get record as well, then we would essentially have a super-delay and change direction, pitch and retrigger using internal controllers, which would be very cool indeed.

Yeah, I remember the thread. Someone asked for how to do an "stutter" effect and it almost seemed that even FAS had forgot that there were a parameter aviable to create an "stutter effect" manually. As for doing it manually, that´s the very reason as why I did it externally (just sending an CC to activate record or using an pedal in the footswitch jack). It didn´t come out as "stable" as I wanted it to by using envelope to both record and overdub, but I didn´t bother to set that up as an 2-stage threshold (toggle/gate) to handle the different situations of record vs overdub. However, an CC/pedal for record and then just overdub by envelope it re-writes the looper buffer each time you´ll strike hard enough.

Agree, the possibility to connect the loopers Record parameter to a modifier would be an massive game-changer IMHO. That together with an Send + Return block. And with LFO´s, envelopes/ADSR´s controlling other effect blocks parameter as well elsewhere in the grid. That, IMHO, would lead to that pretty much any wanted "effect behaviour" would be possible. Almost that you could see it as an timeline had been implemented...

I will be waiting for that one!

One thing you showed which is now kind of a "duh moment" for me was that you can assign a controller to control an parameter within another controller. There seems to be a huge amount of power right there :)

True!

And as a matter of fact it is actually mentioned in the manual as well. Always been, even back in the Ultra days. I was pretty much jumping up and down of happiness, when reading that in the manual back then...

great job on the vid! it's funny, when you start to explain things for a video or even one-on-one, all of a sudden a million details jump out haha!

Wow, I can't imagine how much thought must've gone into designing these patches. Very nice examples of how deep and branched the rabbit hole is. :)

Back
Top Bottom