Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

Busy dialing in the amps.

I'm using X and Y in Amp/Cab blocks to put similar amps in a single preset. I use the same CC for Amp and Cab to switch them simultaneously with the MFC.

Things sounds so good that I hardly have to adjust tone settings, let alone the built-in GEQ / adv. settings in the amp block.

The DoubleVerb amp defaults to Bright off. Seems strange to me because the original did have a Bright switch.

Submitted a bug report concerning the Edited LED.

The Input Noise Gate works differently from the G1 units. At default settings it's on, but with a ratio at 1 it doesn't do anything (as mentioned on the previous page) until Ratio is adjusted.
If the gate is not needed you can save about 2% of CPU power by turning Threshold to Off.

Last edited:
Progressing through the amp sims like a rocket, it's so easy. :)

So I've started programming the MFC. My "preset" approach for AFXII/MFC is keeping it simple for now.
No dedicated special fx presets and no song mode yet. Just basic amp presets, based on my grid template which already allows me to accomplish a lot.

Hmm, I need extra Kick-Tags...

Last edited:
10.jpg

Would you be willing to share the .syx file?

I know it wouldn't "work" with most setups but it would be very interesting to see :ugeek

Would you be willing to share the .syx file?

I know it wouldn't "work" with most setups but it would be very interesting to see :ugeek

Sure! But if I export the preset Axe-Edit crashes. Every time.... @#$%ˆ
It does save a preset file first, but then it can't open that file anymore ('wrong asset').

---

EDIT: tried it via Axe-Manage and that works. :) Must be a bug in Import/Export from Axe-Edit's main window, or in file management.

Preset attached. If Axe-Edit did its job right all effects have been unlinked from global masters.

Pedal (Ext1) is used for Rotary and Tremolo speed, Wah and Whammy (Pit1).
Out1 = direct, Out2 = poweramp/guitarcab.
Job is not done yet, block levels have be finetuned etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsl
The DoubleVerb amp defaults to Bright off. Seems strange to me because the original did have a Bright switch.

Congrats on your AxeII !! Glad you're having fun :)

Being a twin owner for almost 20 years. That setting for the bright switch seems quite natural to me.
I've never used the bright switch and I don't even know if it still works. My twin amp can get pretty
harsh in the high frequencies, and I cannot seem to find the hi-cut pot on the real amp... ;)

Jens

I didn't realize before that Plexi Normal and Plexi Treble are the two different inputs on a single vintage Plexi amp.
This means we can now finally jumper those inputs like they often do with the real amp, using two amp blocks (Normal and Treble) in a preset simultaneously.

Global Blocks are the bomb. Copying and linking effect settings off a master, works like a charm.

One aspect doesn't work for me though: linked blocks share On/Off state.
That may come in handy in some cases (for ex. for globally bypassing the Stereo Enh.) but in other cases it's not.

Example:
I have a Phaser block with favorite settings (Global block #1). I use it in all my primary amp presets, in bypassed state.
I also want to use it in a couple of special fx presets, where it needs to be engaged. This doesn't work because engaging would engage the state phaser block in the primary amp presets too.

My solution so far is to copy identical settings to a Global block #2, where it's engaged. That's okay, I just have to remember to edit two globals when adjusting effect settings.

Ideally there would be the option "Link bypass too: yes/no" when linking a block.

Last edited:
Global Blocks are the bomb. Copying and linking effect settings off a master, works like a charm.

One aspect doesn't work for me though: linked blocks share On/Off state.
That may come in handy in some cases (for ex. for globally bypassing the Stereo Enh.) but in other cases it's not.

Example:
I have a Phaser block with favorite settings (Global block #1). I use it in all my primary amp presets, in bypassed state.
I also want to use it in a couple of special fx presets, where it needs to be engaged. This doesn't work because engaging would engage the state phaser block in the primary amp presets too.

My solution so far is to copy identical settings to a Global block #2, where it's engaged, and use that. That's okay, I just have to remember to edit two globals when adjusting settings.

Ideally there would be the option "Link bypass too: yes/no" when linking a block.

Just an FYI, global block do not share well as the are stored globally and not per preset. To share them you would have to make sure it is not linked. At least that is what I understand. I haven't messed to much with the global blocks.

From the manual:
"IMPORTANT: Presets shared between users will either need to be first stripped of their Global Block links or delivered with
an accompanying “System” dump containing the Global Block settings. Otherwise, the “local globals” on the new system will
overrun the settings of any linked blocks when the preset is first loaded. A future version of Axe-Edit should allow “one-stop”
global link removal."

Yes, I'm aware. Axe-Edit at this point does have a checkbox "Unlink" when exporting/saving presets. Haven't checked if it actually works.

Back
Top Bottom