Importing IRs Into User Banks

I was just messing with the af3 utility app, but if I try and rename scenes, it starts rolling on random presets before I can finish typing. Is this a known bug or is it just me?

So what is better to use when loading several Ownhammer cabs? Axe Edit or Fractal Bot? or Axe Fx III Mini Utility?

So what is better to use when loading several Ownhammer cabs? Axe Edit or Fractal Bot? or Axe Fx III Mini Utility?
Right now, before all,this stuff is finalized, it is easiest to the Mini Utility for multiple cab import, with the caveat that conversion of WAV to SYX (if you bought from Ownhammer) needs to be done beforehand in CabLab...but if you are just loading a few it might be easiest to drag them one at a time onto a cab picker box in the cab block on Axeedit and the conversion is automatic

Ok, I am having issues trying load Own hammer IR wav files that I converted with the Cab lab 3 to .sys files.
When I launch the Mini utility and try and choose the .sys file. The file is greyed out and won't let me choose it.
???? It's been awhile since I've done this. Am I not converting them right???

ok, never mind. I had to choose a folder, not individual IRs.

Right now, before all,this stuff is finalized, it is easiest to the Mini Utility for multiple cab import, with the caveat that conversion of WAV to SYX (if you bought from Ownhammer) needs to be done beforehand in CabLab...but if you are just loading a few it might be easiest to drag them one at a time onto a cab picker box in the cab block on Axeedit and the conversion is automatic

Thanks much bradlake :). How long do you think it will be until "this stuff is finalized?" Seems a little complicated to me at the moment and and I don't want to spend money on something that's going to make my blood boil if you know what I mean :mad:. I haven't even loaded v 1.12 yet. But I greatly appreciate the help and will use it for further reference.

ok, never mind. I had to choose a folder, not individual IRs.

DOH! This is not looking good for me. I need the book "Axe FX III, USB for Dummies."

At least I know how to use the USB port to power my headphone amp that I used once, oh and my M-Audio interface. :)

Edit: Yay, 500 posts! :rolleyes:

no wait...... nevermind. ;)

Is there a way to take factory cab IRs and copy them into a user bank? I'd love to have just my most often used factory cabs in one place...

When loading a bunch, does the mini utility use file names to determine ordering? I'd like to open a bunch but have them ordered in groups sort of like the new factory cabs. I really like the organization of the new cabs with the mixer capability.

We actually have a small utility that allows importing multiple IRs that also includes a preset/scene naming tool and some other useful things. I'll talk to the engineers about making a version for public use.

Has this been released to the public? Just curious, thanks much :).

Thanks @bradlake I will check that out :).

Do I need the Axe-Fx III Mini Utility.exe ? I can't extract the file. I have the one with the big III on it though. I opened it but didn't have the Axe plugged in so I couldn't do anything, that's the one I want right?

Last edited:
I just finally got to converting my user cabs from the II to the III. Ran the banks from the II through Fractool and exported to individual cabs. I'm getting an issue when I transfer them through the mini utility that some are showing up as <EMPTY> or with garbled text or random symbols once they show up in the USER1 bank. Has anyone run into this issue? Perhaps the file names became too long or something?

Edit: I think it might have been the axe edit thing that someone posted. I will have to try again.

Edit 2: Yes, that was indeed the problem. I now have all of my old cabs loaded up in the same order as on my IIXL and have been importing my old presets with Fractool!

Last edited:
I have been attempting to load cabs for hours now. but not working. I load one at a time with fractal bot but when i check the axe, all slots are EMPTY?

Tried the utility as well, but cannot load any IRs into Axe III.
This sucks. I just updated to new firmware and axe edit. Perhaps this is a bug. I was able to load IRs with Version 1.12 and Axe Edit before upgrade.

Last edited:
I have been attempting to load cabs for hours now. but not working. I load one at a time with fractal bot but when i check the axe, all slots are EMPTY?

Tried the utility as well, but cannot load any IRs into Axe III.
This sucks. I just updated to new firmware and axe edit. Perhaps this is a bug. I was able to load IRs with Version 1.12 and Axe Edit before upgrade.
The cabs may be there? You may have to 'refresh' the Cab names?

Also, Axe-Manage Cabs (and Presets) has been added to the latest Axe-Edit III (beta). So you can 'drag-and-drop' them in now.

Also, Axe-Manage Cabs (and Presets) has been added to the latest Axe-Edit III (beta). So you can 'drag-and-drop' them in now.

Yes. That's great! The first message on this thread should be edited, or it should be unsticked.

I was misguided by the initial messages, and I've spend a lot of time trying to load CABS one by one (the mini-utility was not working for me. I got corrupted IR's with strange characters and awful noise) without knowing that I can currently use Axe-Edit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom