Importing IRs Into User Banks

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit will have full support for importing and managing User IRs. However Fractal-Bot does support simple import of IRs into the User Banks. To import an IR select the Bank and Number you wish to import the IR to in the FIRST slot in the Cabinet block. Then send the sysex file to the Axe-Fx III using Fractal-Bot and the unit will save the IR to that location.

We actually have a small utility that allows importing multiple IRs that also includes a preset/scene naming tool and some other useful things. I'll talk to the engineers about making a version for public use.

Axe-Edit will have full support for importing and managing User IRs. However Fractal-Bot does support simple import of IRs into the User Banks. To import an IR select the Bank and Number you wish to import the IR to in the FIRST slot in the Cabinet block. Then send the sysex file to the Axe-Fx III using Fractal-Bot and the unit will save the IR to that location.

We actually have a small utility that allows importing multiple IRs that also includes a preset/scene naming tool and some other useful things. I'll talk to the engineers about making a version for public use.
Love Cliff and company ... proud Fractal product owner !!!!

Speaking of transferring cabs, has the USB/Midi transfer speed improved between computer and Axe III?

Maybe a stupid question but will the old Cab Packs eg those I bought in your store for the Axe FX II be compatible ? Can I load them into the Axe FX II once I get the new unit ?

Will the mini utility load .syx bank files, which is how Fractal Bot backs them up or only a bunch of individual IR files?

Will the mini utility load .syx bank files, which is how Fractal Bot backs them up or only a bunch of individual IR files?
To answer my own post, the mini utility does not support bank files so I used Fractool to export the banks as individual cab files.

Been trying all night to get Fractal-Bot to connect to Axe III, unsuccessfully. Can't get past step #1 'Ready' - I selected Axe-Fx III but can't find an Input/Output set that works, and there is no 'AxeIII', just V-pan and V-Control options which do not work to allow Step#2 'Browse' to work.
How do I get my user cabs in my Axe III please?

I feel like throwing my new Axe III against the F'ing wall. Shouldn't be this hard to get my user cabs loaded. Not a good first day with this thing.
Windows 7 user, latest version of Fractal-Bot. Tried different USB cables. Never had issues with my Axe 2's.

I feel like throwing my new Axe III against the F'ing wall. Shouldn't be this hard to get my user cabs loaded. Not a good first day with this thing.
Windows 7 user, latest version of Fractal-Bot. Tried different USB cables. Never had issues with my Axe 2's.
Did you load the Axe Fx III drivers?

In addition to what Unix-guy said about drivers, there’s a separate utility for uploading user cabs and naming patches/scenes. It’s called the Axe-FX Mini Utility and is available for download here (along with the USB drivers): https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/

Windows 7... ?

It works fine with "Window 10 Pro 64 bit". Might be a good time to consider and updated "supported" OS. Mainstream support ended in January 2015 for "Windows 7".

Back
Top Bottom