Importing IRs Into User Banks

Thanks for the replies. Still no luck, but it didn't take luck. Drivers still won't download "device driver software was not successfully installed... please contact manufacturer.... " Tried the mini utility and that won't work either. Looks like I'm stuck til Axe Edit catches up to Axe 3.
My pro tools system is rock solid with windows 7 so I prefer to stay where I am.

Thanks for the replies. Still no luck, but it didn't take luck. Drivers still won't download "device driver software was not successfully installed... please contact manufacturer.... " Tried the mini utility and that won't work either. Looks like I'm stuck til Axe Edit catches up to Axe 3.
My pro tools system is rock solid with windows 7 so I prefer to stay where I am.

Axe-Edit won't help you if the driver won't install. You need to figure out why the driver didn't install.

Do this:
1. Shut off Axe-Fx.
2. Uninstall driver.
3. Reinstall driver.
4. Connect Axe-Fx to computer on a different USB port.
5. Turn on Axe-Fx.

When using the Mini Utility to import a folder of 20 .syx user cabs, a couple display properly, some not at all, and others are completely garbled text in the cab picker. I've refreshed, restarted, resent multiple times, and always the same result. The only thing that works is loading them one by one with Fractalbot. Of course that's not practical.

I had the same problem. I uninstalled all FXII drivers and the FXIII drivers installed. Then the mini utility and AXE Edit would not run. I kept getting an error code. So I looked it up and found I needed some Microsoft drivers. Downloaded them and everything works flawlessly.

This utility not working for me on OS X. I used Fractal-Bot to receive a user bank (B) from my XL+. Then browsed to that folder with the utility. When I tried to send to my III (User Bank 1) I immediately received "Message timed out" and nothing was sent.

This utility not working for me on OS X. I used Fractal-Bot to receive a user bank (B) from my XL+. Then browsed to that folder with the utility. When I tried to send to my III (User Bank 1) I immediately received "Message timed out" and nothing was sent.
You can’t send bank files or presets from non-IIIs to the III.

Anyone having any luck w/ dragging 'n' dropping .wav files ? I can't seem to make it work !!!!

Anyone having any luck w/ dragging 'n' dropping .wav files ? I can't seem to make it work !!!!
yes, but its a little touchy...you can drag one at a time directly onto one of the 4 cab slots in the CAB blk, dragging them into the cab manage window does not seem to be yet functional, but imagine it will be soon.

yes, but its a little touchy...you can drag one at a time directly onto one of the 4 cab slots in the CAB blk, dragging them into the cab manage window does not seem to be yet functional, but imagine it will be soon.

So you highlight the Cab block .... Go to an empty channel .... Drag the .wav file and drop it where exactly ? It's not giving me anything except a black circle w/a line through it ????

Now suddenly Axe-Edit won't see the Axe III and I'm getting nothing but time-outs .... I have no idea it's been working fine all night ? I even rebooted the computer .... Guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall in the morning ....

Now suddenly Axe-Edit won't see the Axe III and I'm getting nothing but time-outs .... I have no idea it's been working fine all night ? I even rebooted the computer .... Guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall in the morning ....
This has happened to me repeatedly. Only power cycling the III seems to restore the connection.

Power cycled at least a dozen times and nothing .... I had to uninstall & reinstall to get it to work again ....

Does this work with Wav Files? My celestion IRs are grayed out when i try and select them within the mini utility.

Back
Top Bottom