I think Marshall are getting nervous..

^ axifist, I think the same thing sometimes, how cool it would be to DIY inside the AFX(III?). Hopefully there would still be a way for FAS to make $ doing something along those lines so that it can become a reality!

^ axifist, I think the same thing sometimes, how cool it would be to DIY inside the AFX(III?). Hopefully there would still be a way for FAS to make $ doing something along those lines so that it can become a reality!

One of the things I've been working on is "User Amp Models". A computer utility allows you to enter the various parameters and then you download the amp model to a "User Amp Slot".

Sounds cool. I have an AFD100 schematic here. It's a bit confusing to follow because it's not clear what the relays are doing and the fx loop isn't shown but it's more than enough to create an amp model if I had the actual amp. I'll hunt around for one. At first glance it's very JCM800'ish.
would be great to have an accurate model. eventhough the AFD is kind of a (very close) model of the original as well, it's got quite the history to it, even if Slash would have never made it as famous as it is...

An absolutely brilliant idea!

That would be the way to allow the Axe FX to compete with another company that offered that as a their unique approach to amp modeling.

State-of-the-art is not a strong enough description.

I'm sold. Why would anyone look elsewhere? FA does it all.

One of the things I've been working on is "User Amp Models". A computer utility allows you to enter the various parameters and then you download the amp model to a "User Amp Slot".

I remember you mentioning something along these lines a while back and I was pretty excited about it then. I think it would directly appeal to a small segment of customers but the results of their use (custom user models) could be enjoyed by a much wider group of customers and that's where the value is, in my opinion.

I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Heck yes, I thought you had abandoned this...I'm glad its still being worked on. :)

The corollory is that whatever amp I play, it still sounds like me. Maybe thats why I am not quite as excited as some here about new amp models in the Axe Fx. Give me any of the high gain amps (Boogie, Marshall, Diezel, Friedman, 5153 etc) and with a little bit of tweaking I can find a sound I would be very happy to gig with. Not complaining about having choice, and not saying they all sound the same, but they all sound like me...

Totally agree.
I'll dial a Friedman, Marshall, Tucana or Triptik patch....and in the end they sound amazingly similar. And sound like me.
Beauty of the axe.

Considering cliff has plans to release a effects only unit made specifically to use with tube amps I don't think Marshall should be nervous.

Back
Top Bottom