I think Marshall are getting nervous..

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

And kudos to FAS for a) recognizing the desirable signature sounds of Marshall and b) modeling them with such integrity and fidelity.

... oh, and did I mention that the Axe-Fx can do a whole lot of other stuff in addition to modeling the Marshall amps?
:)

One of the things I've been working on is "User Amp Models". A computer utility allows you to enter the various parameters and then you download the amp model to a "User Amp Slot".

Something similar to the tweakability of Revalver? That would be badass.

One of the things I've been working on is "User Amp Models". A computer utility allows you to enter the various parameters and then you download the amp model to a "User Amp Slot".

FGS whatever it shall be, it surely will be even more prefect than before, but please don't make it complex. The actual AXE is already at the limit of what a non-professionnal but middle-qualified musician can handle - sorry : what I can handle... - Converting my patches to FW15 I REdiscovered how many parameters each and every amp has & in regard to that I wouldn't mind NOT being able to create "USER" Amps. In the old "tube age" I repaired amps, changed tubes, biassing, speakers, transformers etc, but didn't build my own amps and wouldn't have started doing so for any price (actually need to free time for playing..).
Axe II already goes 200 times beyond what I ever expected. I'd rather see more effects or stompboxes integrated in Axe II.

WANT! Heck, I would even pay for that particular update. I'd love to be able to grab schematics for amps that aren't in the AxeFX and create my own amps. Case in point is the various flavors of Marshall 18watts out there that I don't feel are really represented well in the AxeFX. Nothing really sounds like the 18watt except, well, an 18watt.

I'm a Marshall fan and player and the reason I bought an Axe FX II XL was to have more Marshall tones at my disposal. I wish FAS modeled a 100w JCM800, 200w Major, 5w Class 5 and the Kerry King signature 2203KK!!!

I just made an offer on an AFD100SCE on Reverb.com. The seller accepted the offer and set me a note saying that he is selling his amps because he has an Axe-Fx XL.

So I should get the amp in a few days and be able to put the finishing touches on the models.

I just made an offer on an AFD100SCE on Reverb.com. The seller accepted the offer and set me a note saying that he is selling his amps because he has an Axe-Fx XL.

Does he know who he's selling it to?

I just checked the calendar. It's not April 1rst and unless you took up heavy drinking and are playing jokes on the masses this has to be the largest piece of news in quite a long time (IMO)! This is huge! Is this near future or down the road kinda thing?

So I should get the amp in a few days and be able to put the finishing touches on the models.

That made me laugh out loud!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

On another note, the idea of downloading user amps is an awesome idea!!!!

Seriously?... More Amps? I think it's time to move on to other aspects of the Axe Fx that have been neglected. It just seems that there is so much fixation on amps and adding more amps whilst the Axe Fx is capable of so much more than just copious amp models. I'm still holding out for some decent metering. Rotary needs work and synth block could do with an update too (scenes control for chromatic notes).

Friggin awesome! Hopefully he knows who he is selling to and gave you and even bigger break lol! I can't wait for this one in my XL. When will it be available? :D

Friggin awesome! Hopefully he knows who he is selling to and gave you and even bigger break lol! I can't wait for this one in my XL. When will it be available? :D

Sounds like a great guy and a loyal Fractal Audio customer... I'd send him an FX8 or a MFC-101 Mark III just for taking one for the team (the greater good) :mrgreen

Enjoy the amp Cliff (and everyone else), just leaving now to drop it off for packaging/shipping!!! Looking forward to the update when I get a little piece of my AFD100SCE back.

Sounds like a great guy and a loyal Fractal Audio customer... I'd send him an FX8 or a MFC-101 Mark III just for taking one for the team (the greater good) :mrgreen

Enjoy the amp Cliff (and everyone else), just leaving now to drop it off for packaging/shipping!!! Looking forward to the update when I get a little piece of my AFD100SCE back.

Awesome dude! Thanks for taking one for the team!

Back
Top Bottom