How's FM3 as an audio interface?

What is the round trip latency in Reaper (or Ableton etc) you are getting using FM3 as the interface with the buffer at 128 and a sample rate 48k? I'm debating getting the FM3 and using it as my main interface. The MIDI in/out also functions with your DAW - in other words you can connect a synth or controller to the midi in/out and this is passed back and forth with your DAW?

I know this is an old thread but I’ve been trying to use my FM3 as an interface with Propellerhead Reason 8. I have no issues with it recognizing the hardware, I can record using input 3 from the FM3 but I can’t hear anything back.
I’m pretty fluent in Reason, and I’m sure I have everything setup right in there, I’m just confused as to why I’m not getting any output.
I’m using OUT 2 on the FM3 since I have an older version without the headphone jack and going into a behringer P2 which I connect my headphones into.

I know this is an old thread but I’ve been trying to use my FM3 as an interface with Propellerhead Reason 8. I have no issues with it recognizing the hardware, I can record using input 3 from the FM3 but I can’t hear anything back.
I’m pretty fluent in Reason, and I’m sure I have everything setup right in there, I’m just confused as to why I’m not getting any output.
I’m using OUT 2 on the FM3 since I have an older version without the headphone jack and going into a behringer P2 which I connect my headphones into.
USB audio comes out of Output 1.

Hi friends!

I have a doubt when using reaper and the FM3 as interface ..

When I use fm3 as an interface in reaper, the sound is doubled, because I have the outputs for the monitors connected (krk 6g), the outputs of the fm3 sound to the monitors and also what reaper reproduces ... is there any way that I did not duplicate the exit sign? and only ring for reaper?

Greetings!

Hi friends!

I have a doubt when using reaper and the FM3 as interface ..

When I use fm3 as an interface in reaper, the sound is doubled, because I have the outputs for the monitors connected (krk 6g), the outputs of the fm3 sound to the monitors and also what reaper reproduces ... is there any way that I did not duplicate the exit sign? and only ring for reaper?

Greetings!
You can do that, but I don't think you want to. When you try to play your guitar through Reaper and back out, the delay will drive you crazy.

Instead, turn off input monitoring for the Reaper channel that your guitar is playing through.

You can do that, but I don't think you want to. When you try to play your guitar through Reaper and back out, the delay will drive you crazy.

Instead, turn off input monitoring for the Reaper channel that your guitar is playing through.
thanks!!

I didn't get the icon to deactivate the monitoring, but I finally found it! hahahaha greetings!

Reactions: Rex
Is the FM3 a solid audio interface for recording guitar? how's it compare to something like a focusrite 2i2 ?
op, my experience with FM3 as an audio recording interface is a solid 5 stars, I'm using cakewalk on a window 10 Dell precision workstation (2016). I will say that I have some older recordings that have dozens of tracks so for play back on large project you may want to stick with your DAW but for recording I have had zero problems...

How would you do that? I'm wanting to only hear the output in reaper and not the output from the FM3 when I do this. I'm thinking it's a thing in settings and will also fix my problem with Rocksmith audio getting doubled too.

How would you do that? I'm wanting to only hear the output in reaper and not the output from the FM3 when I do this. I'm thinking it's a thing in settings and will also fix my problem with Rocksmith audio getting doubled too.
Rex was suggesting doing the opposite of that, so I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but there are two topics here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-for-the-recording-musician.177592/ , "Direct Monitoring" and "Monitoring Through DAW", and I believe one or the other will answer your question.

So, I decided to use FM3 as my audio interface with my MacBook Pro. I noticed, that I can't hear any audio from the computer. Is this 'cause I have connected my monitors to OUTPUT 2 (I have setup copy OUTPUT 1). I don't have XLR cable to connect my monitors to OUTPUT 1, so wanted to ask here, if this is my problem. My DAW does record my guitar playing, but I can't hear any playback...

So, I decided to use FM3 as my audio interface with my MacBook Pro. I noticed, that I can't hear any audio from the computer. Is this 'cause I have connected my monitors to OUTPUT 2 (I have setup copy OUTPUT 1). I don't have XLR cable to connect my monitors to OUTPUT 1, so wanted to ask here, if this is my problem. My DAW does record my guitar playing, but I can't hear any playback...
You have correctly analyzed the situation.

Back
Top Bottom