How's FM3 as an audio interface?

Using the FM3 as my soundcard on a Windows 10 box with Reaper, rock solid.

What is the round trip latency in Reaper (or Ableton etc) you are getting using FM3 as the interface with the buffer at 128 and a sample rate 48k? I'm debating getting the FM3 and using it as my main interface. The MIDI in/out also functions with your DAW - in other words you can connect a synth or controller to the midi in/out and this is passed back and forth with your DAW?

Audio latency settings, at least on a windows device, have no impact on virtual instruments.

Hi friends!

I have a doubt when using reaper and the FM3 as interface ..

When I use fm3 as an interface in reaper, the sound is doubled, because I have the outputs for the monitors connected (krk 6g), the outputs of the fm3 sound to the monitors and also what reaper reproduces ... is there any way that I did not duplicate the exit sign? and only ring for reaper?

Greetings!

Disable Record Monitoring.

I’m using the FM3 on firmware 4.01. The usb latency is horrible. Is there a way to adjust the buffering rate, etc.?

Are you speaking specifically about reamping? Or are you trying to apply effects to your guitar from your DAW in real time? Those are the only scenarios where latency occurs to the best of my knowledge.

Audio latency settings, at least on a windows device, have no impact on virtual instruments.
I'm not sure what you mean here, but audio latency has a profound impact when using virtual instruments. While playing a guitar though an outboard processor like the Axe-FX is not affected by latency (as long as you are monitoring direct), it's a whole other story when using virtual instruments. Maybe you just mean latency doesn't affect the audio quality of a virtual instrument? In any case, if you're using virtual instruments, you'll definitely want to configure your rig for low latency.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but audio latency has a profound impact when using virtual instruments. While playing a guitar though an outboard processor like the Axe-FX is not affected by latency (as long as you are monitoring direct), it's a whole other story when using virtual instruments. Maybe you just mean latency doesn't affect the audio quality of a virtual instrument? In any case, if you're using virtual instruments, you'll definitely want to configure your rig for low latency.

Sorry. Recording MIDI has no latency (outside that of your finger hitting the key) and playback of the virtual instrument is compensated. Yes, if you are trying to perform live with a virtual instrument, one would want to tune it for that use.

Yes, it works with my iPad and iPhone using an USB adapter.
Do you have to do anything special to set up the FM3 to use as an interface?
I'm trying to save $ and from buying a dedicated Guitar/ audio interface pedal to hook up to my ipad and running various tone apps like Tonebridge and Bias fx etc.
I was curious if the FM3 would function like that?
My goals is to reverse engineer the settings from those tone applications and build my own block/ layouts / presets into the FM3 eventually not in any need of those applications while playing live etc, since they are prone to latency and glitches...

Back
Top Bottom