Got the II vith V10 and is beating me up!!! I was not especting this....

One thing I really noticed with v10. I hit my middle single coil pickup on the 50Watt Marshall, and pull my volume back just a little. Wicked chimey clean tone. Crank volume and go full bridge humbucker and full on rock ac/dc tone. I mean that is simply amazing. Like a great one channel amp could do. My bandmates were kind of stunned when I demonstrated that. Just awesome work Cliff. Thank you.

Actually this thing sound so freaking awesome .... I cant seem to cover my mistakes...got to practice more now....

Isn't that what distortion is for?

SmileyScaredSofa.gif

Same thing happened when I went from an ADA MP-1, Tubeworks Mosvalve power amp, and a Randall 4x12 to an original 2 channel Triple Rectifier with the big recto cab.
I had to get better because you/I could hear any mistakes I was making. Same thing has happened with the Axe-fx, a few times now. It makes us better players at the end of the day.
:) I really dont mind.

Actually this thing sound so freaking awesome that I can hear all the nuances in my playing and I cant seem to cover my mistakes...got to practice more now.
MAN!!! Cliff is a genius!!!
:mrgreen

Yay, Galo finally got a II! :D

Can't wait to hear clips/see vids of you with the II, mi amigo!

Actually this thing sound so freaking awesome that I can hear all the nuances in my playing and I cant seem to cover my mistakes...got to practice more now.
MAN!!! Cliff is a genius!!!
:mrgreen

i told myself that last night as well...it truly inspired me to get better as a player now that i have a system that sounds so amazing

V10 does expose your playing more (which is a bad thing for me).

That's the downside of a good tube amp, besides the fact they usually have to be played so freaking loud to sound their best.
With V10, your ears don't bleed, you just have to play better. Seems like a win to me. Loving V10, especially the Plexi. Has some huge balls now. And all the other amps sound/respond so realistically (is that a word?)

Thanks again, Cliff! Can't figure out how ya do it, but you keep making this amazing box better.

Back
Top Bottom