G3 modeling thread

Hi everyone,

just for curiosity:

Although I’m going to be patient till G3 is ready, I’m still having some thoughts about “stop hitting F5” and the time it could take to make all the needed measurements. More days, more weeks, some months?

Does anyone knows, if Cliff owns all the modeled Amps and has instant access to them? He said, that is going to be time intensive to make all the amps G3 and he has to open up each Amp again. Now I’m curious, if maybe there will be some delay because of access problems to some rare amps.

The axe fx usb connection allows you to send a completely clean signal of whatever youve input into it, such as your unaffected guitar signal.

So, let's say you are going to record a mono or stereo guitar track with full effects. You can simultaneously record a dry track of that performance. Then, as new firmware is released you can playback this dry recorded guitar and print new, updated guitar tracks, using the new firmware.

Yes, if you had quad tracked a song, you'd have to play back each of the 4 reamp tracks and print fresh guitar tones, but you wouldnt have to play your part again, the reamp tracks are doing that.

This is also a great way to record a song using a basic tone, but then put your guitar down and use the reamp track to "play the guitar" for you, while you scroll through various amp and cab combinations or tweak parameters to get the ultimate tone. It's better than holding an A or G while you turn knobs.

Yea man, this the easiest way in the universe for guitarist , if we want to use Re-amping as a player, it can record double track or more 100% sync, but I don't like to have my double o quad guitar rhythm lines 100% exactly, I wanna to have a minimal delay between the guitar lines, it makes the line more wide, heavier, open...

I'm doing that in the same way as John Petrucci is doing, first of all I record the first line and then hard panned it to one side then start to record other line while I'm listening to the first recorded line in order to match with it, John is using this way, so I'm using that way, it's works well for me !...

I might be missing something, but what is being suggested is to get into the practice of simultaneously always recording a reamp track, everytime you are recording with an axe preset. You can do precisely what you described. Record yourself playing a section. Stop and pan it. Record a 2nd take while playing along with the first take, as you described. Now, if you like to record stereo tracks from the axe fx and you are simultaneously always also arming a reamp track, you'll have 3 tracks for take 1, and 3 tracks for take 2. You will have captured yourself playing take 1 and the separate performance of take 2. You'll have recordings of the patch you used on the date your recorded it, but you'll also have reamp tracks (your clean, unaffected guitar signal) of take 1 AND take 2.

You will be able to come back to the Daw session at any later date, and change the tones on take 1 and take 2 by playing your reamp track thru the axe fx and recording a new set of stereo tracks for take 1 and a new set of stereo tracks for take 2. You can pan them and be all John Pettruci.....

g3_bigdeal.jpg

You will be able to come back to the Daw session at any later date, and change the tones on take 1 and take 2 by playing your reamp track thru the axe fx and recording a new set of stereo tracks for take 1 and a new set of stereo tracks for take 2. You can pan them and be all John Pettruci.....
Exactly. An added bonus, particularly if you are recording wet using the axe reverbs and delays, is that revamping a track with edits and overdubs makes the edits much more seamless. Just remember to keep those dry tracks muted when not in use :)

I do all serious work this way now. Yes, with hard panned quad tracked guitars. It has saved me in the occasional "what on earth was I thinking with that tone" moments

Sorry to see that you are removing the parameters that you mentioned. I understand that they may not be needed to make the amp sound any closer to the original, but it does give us more options to customize the sound to our liking.......So I formally request if possible to keep those mentioned parameters in G3....Thanks

He said they are not compatible....The modeling doesn't need them. Not compatible to me sounds like he can't do it as opposed to doesn't want too

You know I read once that the Freidman guy stated that the reason why the his amps usually don't sound right via the Axe is because they are two many knobs and everyone likes to turn them. He said his amps are simple and straight fwd and messing with all those adv parameters is what messes ppl up

You know I read once that the Freidman guy stated that the reason why the his amps usually don't sound right via the Axe is because they are two many knobs and everyone likes to turn them. He said his amps are simple and straight fwd and messing with all those adv parameters is what messes ppl up

in that case maybe a simple solution is called for.... don't turn them..

the Ref says:
5 minute major goes to Clarky for "stating the fkn obvious"

sorry guys.. that's a long time to play short handed..

in that case maybe a simple solution is called for.... don't turn them..

the Ref says:
5 minute major goes to Clarky for "stating the fkn obvious"

sorry guys.. that's a long time to play short handed..

Trust me, I immediately thought they same thing! I am more partial to Carol Ann stuff any way lol

Back
Top Bottom