G3 modeling thread

I don't know about you guys but when I heard "Taking things out" especially things that i use a lot... i'm a little weary...

Don't worry. I've been here long enough to realize that if Cliff decides to take anything out, it's because you will no longer need that control to get the same, or better results as you used to get with the control. He really does know what he's doing.

Many parameters have been removed as they are not compatible. Among them: PA Lowcut, PA Hicut, Character Type, Character Freq, Character Amt, Character Q, Voicing, et. al. The modeling doesn't need them.

So stop banging on your F5 key and get back to talking about deflated footballs.
I'm always in for the removal of advanced parameters. Keep it simple on the surface and holy shitballs on the inside; that's what my mother always said!

147254d1415638134t-lg-rolling-out-android-5-0-g3-starting-week-73550451cdb61a415932eeeb8c499e0c3117a9933ce3a46b57853f0608318390.jpg

tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif

Last edited:
Practical consideration for the wonderful Yek; maybe it might be time to call the Wiki as it now stands the "definitive"g2 modelling wiki and take a snapshot and set it off to the side. The regular wiki of course continues to evolve as it always has, but this allows for old info that no longer pertains (ie parameters that have been removed) to be dropped from the wiki too. Clearer reading, and I would imagine easier maintenance.

Or are deprecated parameters already removed from the wiki?

Just a thought...

I have to say something ... My forum post count is crying ... I need to say some thing ... But without knowing a single truth and without the new G3 out is really difficult to me ...
OMG ... To be or not to be ...

Just catch the dry guitar parts and reamp. If I held off recording guitar parts 'cause Cliff was going to improve the Axe... I'd never record anything!

There is lots of double N Quad guitar track, So it couldn't help me in that way, I think wait N see in the best strategy :pride:

Practical consideration for the wonderful Yek; maybe it might be time to call the Wiki as it now stands the "definitive"g2 modelling wiki and take a snapshot and set it off to the side. The regular wiki of course continues to evolve as it always has, but this allows for old info that no longer pertains (ie parameters that have been removed) to be dropped from the wiki too. Clearer reading, and I would imagine easier maintenance.

Or are deprecated parameters already removed from the wiki?

Just a thought...

Yes, wiki has always been updated. No "old" info or parameters in there.
And it will be updated when new firmware is released.

There is lots of double N Quad guitar track, So it couldn't help me in that way, I think wait N see in the best strategy :pride:

The axe fx usb connection allows you to send a completely clean signal of whatever youve input into it, such as your unaffected guitar signal.

So, let's say you are going to record a mono or stereo guitar track with full effects. You can simultaneously record a dry track of that performance. Then, as new firmware is released you can playback this dry recorded guitar and print new, updated guitar tracks, using the new firmware.

Yes, if you had quad tracked a song, you'd have to play back each of the 4 reamp tracks and print fresh guitar tones, but you wouldnt have to play your part again, the reamp tracks are doing that.

This is also a great way to record a song using a basic tone, but then put your guitar down and use the reamp track to "play the guitar" for you, while you scroll through various amp and cab combinations or tweak parameters to get the ultimate tone. It's better than holding an A or G while you turn knobs.

Maybe there will be a new fx block that you can drag and drop old firmware into, so that you can get the sound and feel of that firmware! :)

I wanted to start recording the guitar lines of our album just a few days before Cliff thread about G3, now everything is stasis until this madness dream come true... wooohooo... can't wait any longer.

I archive off with my ProTools sessions:

- Installers for AE, FractalBot.
- Full system backup
- Firmware
- Presets

That should be enough to re-create the tones for fixes and overdubs later.

Back
Top Bottom