G3 modeling thread

dupere11497

Experienced
Well, who would had thought that a simple firmware update question would generate more than 9000 view! This G3 modeling technology announce by the wizard has cause a serie of crazy speculations! Yet, no more word about it from the man! Cliff, it's about time you give us some more details about this. Common, just some little specifications to tease us more! Show yourself now!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaaaase!!!!

I realize that some of us tried to jump the gun yesterday ..., but I'd really love to get a look at the release notes ... !

Well, who would had thought that a simple firmware update question would generate more than 9000 view! This G3 modeling technology announce by the wizard has cause a serie of crazy speculations!
Well nothing will beat the AXEII countdown thread. That was some epic stuff right there!

This is really something im looking forward to, but i am awfully worried about that this update would consider only the XL users, even knowing that Cliff responded to a thread where it was about Axe FX II not the XL, but it wasn't clarified.
Im just hoping for that announcement "yes it will be both Mark I/II and Axe FX II XL" :D

But come whatever may, i believe this is gonna be some tits and balls when the hammer drops.

Does anyone know anything about what he was referring to? I thought it was a joke in that thread referring to an old modeler called a G3. What do I know? I wish he would clarify if it's just another firmware update or what it is and who it affects.

I thought it was a joke in that thread referring to an old modeler called a G3

It's not a joke! Fractal have been taking over by Zoom Corp. - they gonna release the G3 once again. It got that natural sigmoid curve clipping behavior which puts the G3XL to the next possible level in virtual tube modeling technology, simply called "G3 technology". A true sonic revolution. And as a bonus, Fractal will release the perfect 9002-distortion clone for that fabulous two dimensional flat responce distortion sound, we all love from the baywatch soundtrack in the early 90s....

:mrgreen

okey, that was one heck of bs......:lol

Plus the "I'm afraid" posts all come out of the wood work too. What is it about high end audio that draws out all the frickin' negativity?

Not directing this at anyone in particular but I think the Axe is a lot of users first high end digital audio device. If your a "dumb" guitarist (I say that lovingly) updating OS etc is kind of a a foreign concept compared to analog hardware gear.

I see the same thing on photo forums, where a lot of users don't know how to update a camera firmware, are afraid to do so etc. Other users can't wait for each new firmware as it adds new features, improved focus etc.

I think most Axe users who have had the units a while know about updates and can't wait for them. If you just bought your unit though, have no clue about all the cool stuff it adds, its just this kind of scary concept you've never done before and that makes you worry about doing something to break your new $2300 toy.

Understandable I think, at least until you do it, and realize how quick and easy it is, then you join the masses that check the site 3 times a day hoping for news of a new FW update lol

Back
Top Bottom