FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I encountered a small problem when using the FX8 tonight. The X/Y option stopped working. The X/Y option was enabled (I had to look to find it and verify). Rebooting the unit fixed the problem. I took a photo of the blocks I was using and saved the preset. It hasn't happened again.
you were on the 3.0 Public Beta i'd assume?

I'm just getting up to speed here.. So global foot switches.. Does this in anyway allow us to modify a block across many presets for example to turn a lead patch up or down on all presets?

I'm just getting up to speed here.. So global foot switches.. Does this in anyway allow us to modify a block across many presets for example to turn a lead patch up or down on all presets?
no. it allows you to have a footswitch assigned to the same thing in all presets. this does not mean the block itself is in the preset though.

if you're familiar with the MFC-101 and how if you assign a switch to Chorus, it's Chorus in every preset, that's basically what a Global Footswitch allows. otherwise all Footswitch assignments are per-preset.

Youve read the release notes and the release notes aren't there? Color me confused...
I've read the release notes and the list of drives and delays isn't there
Chris has posted them on this thread
Can you tell me which page of the release notes PDF the new drive and delay blocks are listed on?

@serge20261 was looking for some help setting up footswitches in FW3, so I made a little video and posted it in the thread where we were having our discussion. It's not perfect, and I do screwup the terminology on a few occasions, but if you watch it all the way through it will help you understand how to setup footswitches in FW3. I think. I know Chris is making a video covering this and other things - maybe even later today - and that will be better than mine and not have any stupid gaffs. In the meantime, if you are really stuck, this might help. If you have any questions just ask. If I don't know the answer someone else will. Hope someone finds it useful.

@serge20261 was looking for some help setting up footswitches in FW3, so I made a little video and posted it in the thread where we were having our discussion. It's not perfect, and I do screwup the terminology on a few occasions, but if you watch it all the way through it will help you understand how to setup footswitches in FW3. I think. I know Chris is making a video covering this and other things - maybe even later today - and that will be better than mine and not have any stupid gaffs. In the meantime, if you are really stuck, this might help. If you have any questions just ask. If I don't know the answer someone else will. Hope someone finds it useful.

Great video. Thank you for taking the time to explain.

The ability to assign switches to scenes are very convenient, however, I am having a little difficulty trying to understand the usefulness of assigning a preset to a foot-switch. For instance, if I am in P: A1 and I have a standard fx pedalboard built and I want to switch to P: A2 which contains a very CPU heavy Pad preset. How do I get back to my standard board setup P: A1 during a performance? Would I have to assign a preset block in P: A2 to get back to P: A1?

I think if we are making a preset change the original block screen of P: A1 should remain visible and only the name of the new preset P: A2 be visible on screen. That way we can program many CPU intense patches and be able to create a preset that combine them.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

The ability to assign switches to scenes are very convenient, however, I am having a little difficulty trying to understand the usefulness of assigning a preset to a foot-switch. For instance, if I am in P: A1 and I have a standard fx pedalboard built and I want to switch to P: A2 which contains a very CPU heavy Pad preset. How do I get back to my standard board setup P: A1 during a performance? Would I have to assign a preset block in P: A2 to get back to P: A1?

I think if we are making a preset change the original block screen of P: A1 should remain visible and only the name of the new preset P: A2 be visible on screen. That way we can program many CPU intense patches and be able to create a preset that combine them.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Preset switches can be very useful when placed on a footswitch configured as GLOBAL. For example, make switches 5 - 8 global. Place P1 - P4 on the corresponding switches. Now, regardless of the current preset, footswitches 5 - 8 will select presets 1 - 4 on the current bank. It is quite possible (depending on the player), to perform and entire show using those 4 presets. This also leaves footswitches 1 - 4 to be configured as IA (or any other available function).

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Re your PA1 to PA2 and back question, the answer is yes.

Presets to footswitches is not something I personally use a lot, but I DO use it on occasion. We have a few songs in our set that segue from one into the other, and the ability to get to the next Preset in my setlist ASAP is useful in that context! It also ensures that while I rush to change I don't screw up. ;)

Most of the time I have something like

S1 S2 S3 S4
Drive Delay Reverb Wildcard

Sometimes the wildcard is the next Preset, sometimes it's a mute, sometimes it's another effect. Sometimes I have more than 4 scenes and then scenes end up on row 2.

It's just about having the options... even if you never ever use them.

Oh and thanks for the kind words about the video! :)

Preset switches can be very useful when placed on a foot-switch configured as GLOBAL. For example, make switches 5 - 8 global. Place P1 - P4 on the corresponding switches. Now, regardless of the current preset, foot-switches 5 - 8 will select presets 1 - 4 on the current bank. It is quite possible (depending on the player), to perform and entire show using those 4 presets. This also leaves foot-switches 1 - 4 to be configured as IA (or any other available function).
Thank you for the explanation, this is a whole new world for me. Now I am starting to grasp the concept of how powerful the FS functions are. Besides my Kemper, I've never owned pro level equipment like this and I can kick my self for being so cheap. I can't believe the quality of sound I hear from the FX8 and how much functionality is built into it. I am extremely happy with the purchase.

Re your PA1 to PA2 and back question, the answer is yes.

Presets to footswitches is not something I personally use a lot, but I DO use it on occasion. We have a few songs in our set that segue from one into the other, and the ability to get to the next Preset in my setlist ASAP is useful in that context! It also ensures that while I rush to change I don't screw up. ;)

Most of the time I have something like

S1 S2 S3 S4
Drive Delay Reverb Wildcard

Sometimes the wildcard is the next Preset, sometimes it's a mute, sometimes it's another effect. Sometimes I have more than 4 scenes and then scenes end up on row 2.

It's just about having the options... even if you never ever use them.

Oh and thanks for the kind words about the video! :)
You're welcome. Now can you make one explaining the Synth Block and Controllers? :)

I play a lot of Christian music and the guitars on most of the songs are extremely produced and I find my self having to switch presets a lot because the FX8 isn't capable of handling for instance, a pad with shimmer reverb, 2 types of MTD, Pitch and harm blocks in one preset. So I believe my best option would be to implement your and Joe Rogers idea and setup the foot-switches for global operation.

S1 S2 S3 S4
P1 P2 P3 P4

Is there Any change from the sound wise, are fuzz more realistic now? Are swappable block doable now? I'm on vacation , so I can't. Tested by my self

I have a question related to the global pedals section:

I can configure the pedals 5 to 8 to select the presets 1 to 4 by example, but if I didn't set as global (clicking the global button), what are set?
What is the reason for the global section without selecting the global button?

I have a question related to the global pedals section:

I can configure the pedals 5 to 8 to select the presets 1 to 4 by example, but if I didn't set as global (clicking the global button), what are set?
What is the reason for the global section without selecting the global button?

Nothing is set as global, unless you specifically set something as global. Is that what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom