FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot!

The new footswitch options are amazingly useful.

And I love the synth and drives

All and all its awesome.

Hey what about this new firmware 3.0?

1. Sorry I don't understand about new footswitch options? Can we still use the old footswitch config?

2. Why we need new fx edit version? I thought we only need Fractal bot to install new firmware.

3. Yay for new drive and delay. Are they only one new type each?

4. Yay for the synth too. I can see a synth pop project in my future.

Sorry if I'm not that clever mate.

1. Sorry I don't understand about new footswitch options? Can we still use the old footswitch config?

Yes and No. Presets created with V2.00 or earlier will load as they always have. However, new preset must use the new method. The full manual is almost complete. In the meantime, the AX8 manual has a section that describes the use of the independent footswitches. You can download the AX8 Manual from the Fractal Audio Systems website: fractalaudio.com

2. Why we need new fx edit version? I thought we only need Fractal bot to install new firmware.

Because the old version does not support the new features in the new firmware. Including changes made to effects. As for Fractal Bot, you can also use it to do comprehensive backups of your FX8.

3. Yay for new drive and delay. Are they only one new type each?

Nope. There is a complete list in the release notes.

Having only worked with FW2 for a couple of days and FW3 for about 15 mins, it can be confusing at first if you're used to assigning things via the old "stompbox mode" screen. Page over to the "configuration" screen and think of that as your new "stompbox mode" screen as far as how your effects are laid out. The new FS (footswitch) page is actually really cool. You now have all kinds of new freedoms. As far as I can see, you can now combine things in your scene as to what the footswitches can do (scenes, presets, bank up/down, relays, and individual effects (such as a "go-to" boost or drive) amongst your eight immediate options.

Without the grid, is FX8 still limited to 8 effects per preset even if an effect is not assigned to a footswitch?

True but some of the delays (for example) contain eq and modulation so they kinda double up as a delay, chorus and eq. In fact a lot of my eq comes from the drive block so experiment around and see what you can come up with. I know it's not exactly what you are looking for but for now they should give you a bit extra if you need it.

I am editing a video right now from yesterday's stream that shows the major changes in FW 3.0. I'll upload it as soon as possible.

I'm also considering doing a few short streams today showing the changes. Live streams allow people to ask questions and I can answer them right then and there.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll schedule some today.

Update is fantastic! FAS Boost and the new delay are great as well as the switch mapping options. Sounded great before. Sounds great now. New stuff. Glad I have it!

Anyone having problems with Fx8 edit.
I've downloaded the new update it and it won't launch on my pc.

It was launching perfectly before the update.
I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no joy.

In task manager there's 4 instances of fx8 edit running which I can't end.
Axe edit is running perfectly on the same pc.

Anyone having problems with Fx8 edit.
I've downloaded the new update it and it won't launch on my pc.

It was launching perfectly before the update.
I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no joy.

In task manager there's 4 instances of fx8 edit running which I can't end.
Axe edit is running perfectly on the same pc.
Try rebooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom