FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions and more...

1 suggestion. It would be nice if you could turn off the lights on the unit. It's a little confusing now when you have scene 1 set to the bottom left button but when you select it the light actually turns on by the footswitch that used to be 1 on the top left. I am just going to gaff tape over the lights for now.

I've been working around this by setting the default scene to 5 and using 5, 6, 7, 8 on the bottom row

A few questions and more...

First let me say I am using the new footswitch settings and I'm still wrapping my head around it.

I have the bottom row set to S1 S2 S3 S4 and the top row are actual effects.

First...
I'm guessing "sticky scenes" has to be set to off to use the new footswitch options. In the past I usually had sticky scenes set to on. With 3.0 the black boxes do not follow where I step if it stick scenes are set to on. Turning sticky scenes off they do change when I step on them. Is this correct?

Second...
Let's say I choose scene 3 and then choose an effect from the top row. Is the only way to turn off that effect by choosing a different scene or hitting the effect again? Hitting the same scene you are on will not turn the effect you added off. Is this correct?

Third...
I have the unit's default scene set to 1. When I choose a preset the blank space where 1 used to be turns black not the bottom where I have S1 saved as a footswitch. It would be nice if wherever scene 1 was placed would turn black. Is this a glitch?

1 suggestion. It would be nice if you could turn off the lights on the unit. It's a little confusing now when you have scene 1 set to the bottom left button but when you select it the light actually turns on by the footswitch that used to be 1 on the top left. I am just going to gaff tape over the lights for now.

Overall a good update. The option to name the scenes would make it perfect for me but I'll take what I can get for now. Ha.

I can answer some of this:

Yes, turn off sticky scenes.

You can get a scene to revert to it's original state (ie effects active or not) by turning on Scene Revert in the menu.

And no it's not a glitch. The footswitches are now separate from the scenes as such... so the black space is now acting like it does in stompbox mode, not sticky scene mode. It might be worth making a wish to have the active scene, if it's attached to a footswitch, be black.

Also a few people have made mention of the lights, so you're not alone in thinking that at all!! Glad you're making progress!

I can answer some of this:

Yes, turn off sticky scenes.

You can get a scene to revert to it's original state (ie effects active or not) by turning on Scene Revert in the menu.

And no it's not a glitch. The footswitches are now separate from the scenes as such... so the black space is now acting like it does in stompbox mode, not sticky scene mode. It might be worth making a wish to have the active scene, if it's attached to a footswitch, be black.

Also a few people have made mention of the lights, so you're not alone in thinking that at all!! Glad you're making progress!

Thank you for those answers.

I do have Scene Revert set to on. It works if I choose different scene but if I select Scene 3, then add flanger to it, then select Scene 3 again the flanger stays on. If I select the effect it will turn off or if I select Scene 1, 2 or 4 it will turn it off as well. That's really just nitpicking on my part. I'll just have to learn to turn the effect off if I want to stay in the same scene.

I'll add the active scene being black to the wish list and I will stick to the gaff tape for the lights.

Haven't read through the entire thread but the other night at practice the FX8 locked up on me. The switches stopped working and I couldn't turn effects on/off. It took two power downs to get it to work again and was fine the rest of the night. Any one else experience this? I'm going to set up my rig later and will try to recreate, I will also upload the preset if that would be helpful. I did a system reset and re-calibrated all my external pedals after the upgrade.

@serge20261 was looking for some help setting up footswitches in FW3, so I made a little video and posted it in the thread where we were having our discussion. It's not perfect, and I do screwup the terminology on a few occasions, but if you watch it all the way through it will help you understand how to setup footswitches in FW3. I think. I know Chris is making a video covering this and other things - maybe even later today - and that will be better than mine and not have any stupid gaffs. In the meantime, if you are really stuck, this might help. If you have any questions just ask. If I don't know the answer someone else will. Hope someone finds it useful.

Thanks for the great video!

Haven't read through the entire thread but the other night at practice the FX8 locked up on me. The switches stopped working and I couldn't turn effects on/off. It took two power downs to get it to work again and was fine the rest of the night. Any one else experience this? I'm going to set up my rig later and will try to recreate, I will also upload the preset if that would be helpful. I did a system reset and re-calibrated all my external pedals after the upgrade.
I've had this happen a few times too. I did the same thing... powered down and it worked again. It's just not good if you're at a gig.

Hey guys,

Ok, I just have one thing that I reeealllly need that would help not sure if it's covered yet.

'Global Blocks Parameter'...

I've been using analog overdrive pedals w my FX8 but since the FX8 drive quality is so awesome n I'm actually able to tweak to taste I started using all FX8 sounds.

However even though I pretty much only use 4 presets those presets have the same RC Booster, Bluesbreaker OD, Fulldrive on all presets. Once I get to the venue n sound check I realise I need to tweak some settings to match the amp n room but there is no time to change 4 (2 X/Y drive on each preset) overdrive settings On every preset. I really hope there was a Global effects section where we store all our commonly used pedals and we can change on all presets through a Global block parameter setting.

Anyone encounter this problem and how does everyone deal with it? :)

I know global adjustments exist for delay and reverb to compensate from room variations, I don't think it covers drive gain however...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom