FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have found a bug-
While editing on the Fx8 itself I can't seem to attach a modifier to the output level of the wah block in slot 1. Although it works when using the computer editor, It still does not show up on the unit. I haven't tried any other blocks as yet or any other block positions, perhaps I will be able to try this later.

uum, I think I have played long enough to know what a FS-5L is thanks.....I need to know what that FS-5L plugged into a pedal input on the FX8 can allow me to do...

Umm, if you plug it into an expression input, you will get 1 button that can be used and assigned as a modifier.

I just saw this post and have skimmed thru some of it. 1 question I have - I know you can now put scenes per switches but can you name the scenes? Would be nice to see Verse 1, Bridge, PreChorus, Chorus, Lead, etc. or even just V1, B, PC, C, LD. Is that possible yet? If not, maybe something for the future.

uum, I think I have played long enough to know what a FS-5L is thanks.....I need to know what that FS-5L plugged into a pedal input on the FX8 can allow me to do...

Some common examples:
- reverb hold
- delay hold
- rotary speed
- pitch dive bomb
- any looper control
- a "more" button that kicks up the mix, input gain or level of any number of blocks (up to 24 parameters, in fact)

I think I have found a bug-
While editing on the Fx8 itself I can't seem to attach a modifier to the output level of the wah block in slot 1. Although it works when using the computer editor, It still does not show up on the unit. I haven't tried any other blocks as yet or any other block positions, perhaps I will be able to try this later.
This appears to be a confirmed bug. I will isolate and fix this for the final release. Good catch.

This may have nothing to do with a bug in FW3, because I didn't have this set up in FW2, but as suggested in my post elsewhere, I'm having a problems with popping noise when a momentary relay is engaged. I've got the FX8 remotely switching my Bogner Ecstacy Blue pedal via momentary relay settings and TRS cable (pirated from a Moog expression pedal). There's a loud pop when the effect is engaged and a less-loud pop when turned off. The pedal has a remote operate jack. I'm using that, not other mechanisms (e.g. midi looper, etc.). The pedal is inline with other drives between the FX8 pre out and the amp input. All pedals are powered via Voodoo Lab pedal power. I also have the FX8 pre running through a Radial Engineering Big Shot audio loop pedal, so I can bypass the FX8 pre buffer for real true bypass. No humbuster cable involved, just regular George L or Mogami Gold. What might I be doing wrong? Or do I need to call Bogner?

Hi there

How in the world did you get the fx-8 to actually control the Bogner blue pedal? I gave up because it doesn't seem to respond correctly to the momentary messages I send.

I set up scene 1 as ring, and scene 2 as off. When I toggle back and forth it doesn't work properly. I've concluded that a ring signal turns it both off and on.

Do you have it working properly so that you can control it with scenes? Or are you just using a foots witch to control it?

I ended up reverting back to FW 2.0. Had problems with FW 3 in FX8 Edit, some changes wouldn't appear on the device as I made them in the editor. I could run the FX8 from the editor but saved changes weren't showing up in the FX8. Example, I wanted to replace a GEQ with a Chorus block. I deleted the GEQ block and added the Chorus block and saved the preset. The device showed a blank block where the Chorus was supposed to be. I attempted several times to do this with the same result. I refreshed the editor after the update, when that didn't work I removed and reinstalled FX8 Edit on my computer and FW 3 on the FX8 with no success. I was also running into CPU limit issues when trying to add or replace blocks even after deleting blocks to try to free up CPU space. Just wanted to let you know.

Last edited:
I ended up reverting back to FW 2.0. Had problems with FW 3 in FX8 Edit, some changes wouldn't appear on the device as I made them in the editor. I could run the FX8 from the editor but saved changes weren't showing up in the FX8. Example, I wanted to replace a GEQ with a Chorus block. I deleted the GEQ block and added the Chorus block and saved the preset. The device showed a blank block where the Chorus was supposed to be. I attempted several times to do this with the same result. I refreshed the editor after the update, when that didn't work I removed and reinstalled FX8 Edit on my computer and FW 3 on the FX8 with no success. I was also running into CPU limit issues when trying to add or replace blocks even after deleting blocks to try to free up CPU space. Just wanted to let you know.
Were you looking for the new effects to appear on the Footswitch grid or the CFG signal chain?

Why not ask for support before uninstalling? pretty hard to troubleshoot based on memory.

This sounds Ike you didn't quite cop on to how the new Firmware works.

You'll need to add it to the footswitch not just the effects page.

Once you get the hang of it it's trivially easy.

[QUOTE="Sonofiam, post: 1314007, member: 44814" I deleted the GEQ block and added the Chorus block and saved the preset. The device showed a blank block where the Chorus was supposed to be. [/QUOTE]
adding a block to the Effects grid in FX8-Edit does not automatically add it to the now-separate Footswitch grid.

i suggest watching the short version of the video on this page (the 2nd vid) to see the changes quickly, and if you need more, i go in-depth in the first video above. you should get used to it, because i'm sure there's no going back ;) it is a much better way to do things:

http://axefxtutorials.com/2016/01/video-fx8-firmware-3-00-public-beta-tutorial/

Were you looking for the new effects to appear on the Footswitch grid or the CFG signal chain?

On the footswitch grid. I tried closing FX8 Edit and disconnecting USB as well. After re-installing FW 2.0 it functions perfectly connected to FX8 Edit.

Why not ask for support before uninstalling? pretty hard to troubleshoot based on memory.

Thanks so much for the advice. I've spent all the time I have available to troubleshoot right now, I use my FX8 regularly and just need it to work for me right now.

Last edited:
This sounds Ike you didn't quite cop on to how the new Firmware works.

You'll need to add it to the footswitch not just the effects page.

Once you get the hang of it it's trivially easy.

If it takes two steps to create presets I'll stick with the 2.0.

[QUOTE="Sonofiam, post: 1314007, member: 44814" I deleted the GEQ block and added the Chorus block and saved the preset. The device showed a blank block where the Chorus was supposed to be.
adding a block to the Effects grid in FX8-Edit does not automatically add it to the now-separate Footswitch grid.

i suggest watching the short version of the video on this page (the 2nd vid) to see the changes quickly, and if you need more, i go in-depth in the first video above. you should get used to it, because i'm sure there's no going back ;) it is a much better way to do things:

http://axefxtutorials.com/2016/01/video-fx8-firmware-3-00-public-beta-tutorial/[/QUOTE]

One of the first things I did before updating was to watch both. I'll watch them again when I have time, apparently I missed something.

If it takes two steps to create presets I'll stick with the 2.0.
it still takes 1 step to make a preset.

but takes another step to put the footswitches where you want them. that 2nd step is WELL worth it so you can put the Drive block on whatever switch you choose instead of being forced to the top row, for example. the 5 extra seconds is worth so much more time later. of course, your call though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom