FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this has been covered before, but I've only recently started investigating the idea of purchasing an FX8.
Is it still pretty easy to max out the cpu, or has the software been optimized to the point where it's no longer an issue?

My apologies if this has been covered before, but I've only recently started investigating the idea of purchasing an FX8.
Is it still pretty easy to max out the cpu, or has the software been optimized to the point where it's no longer an issue?

You can still max put the CPU but in the new firmware (3.0) there has been an increase in headroom by about 10%. This is more than enough for my needs

I have my FX8 going through a Boogie Mark V. Since the upgrade, when I use the relays to switch channels, it seems to double switch the channel. Like a double stutter. It seems I am setting it up right but maybe there's a parameter that I'm missing. Any ideas would be welcome as I try to figure this out.

Never mind: I found that on the config page, Relay 1 was set to Auto Off, it's set to latching now and all is well.

Hi Joe.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted a couple of times but get the same result.
It's like the launch is caught in a loop because if I look in task manager the instances of fx8 edit keeps building up in the processes.

Please try downloading the editor from a different browser.

That is true.

Frankly, after working with the grid on the AX8, I think it's better not to add it to the FX8 and make it unduly complicated. Perhaps adding a simple way to add some additional effects like an eq, compressor, gain boost etc.. that's going to be on all the time in that patch so it doesn't need a footswitch assignment. Even a wah with autoengage would make sense. Something that doesn't need a footswitch. Of course, all subject to DSP. When I had my FX8 using X/Y made it more like 15 effects than 8 (I only used one wah sound set to auto engage so 15 instead of 16). But knowing what I know now, I would vote against the grid on the FX8.

I think it will always be possible to max out the cpu. Whether it's an issue will depend on your use. If you want hi res reverb and a bunch of other effects, you will likely max out the cpu. But if you don't, you might not.

Frankly, after working with the grid on the AX8, I think it's better not to add it to the FX8 and make it unduly complicated. Perhaps adding a simple way to add some additional effects like an eq, compressor, gain boost etc.. that's going to be on all the time in that patch so it doesn't need a footswitch assignment. Even a wah with autoengage would make sense. Something that doesn't need a footswitch. Of course, all subject to DSP. When I had my FX8 using X/Y made it more like 15 effects than 8 (I only used one wah sound set to auto engage so 15 instead of 16). But knowing what I know now, I would vote against the grid on the FX8.

+1

yes...

I have tried it pretty extensively and have run into no issues... in fact it fixes a variety of known bugs... not that you won't run into something, but I certainly haven't and have used it to redo old presets, make new presets and rehearse our set a few times with no issues, other than me doing stupid stuff or not knowing how to do some new things...
I am trying the SYNTH block and the block name is blank. Also, the foot-switch doesn't toggle it on/off. I can turn it on / off through the editor only. Have you encountered this problem?

I am trying the SYNTH block and the block name is blank. Also, the foot-switch doesn't toggle it on/off. I can turn it on / off through the editor only. Have you encountered this problem?

This is where fw 3 is different.

Turn the Nav knob and select a empty foot switch spot. Then turn the Value knob and choose Synth, then press Enter. Once it shows up the foots witch will control it.

The big plus is you can now put it in any block ie on any foot switch.

Basically add the blocks you want in the order you want them on the CFG page. Then PLACE them on the foot switches on the old stompbox page. Total control of where they go - which foot switches - plus lots of new options for what can go on foot switches.

I had only had mine a few days with 2.0 and found it pretty easy to program. Luckily I happened to catch Chris@AXFX last night while I was loading 3.0 or I would have been totally lost after the update thinking that something went wrong. 3.0 makes big editing differences to get used to, and would have been in panic mode if I had downloaded and missed his tutorial.

Thank you Chris

wish I could have figured out how to ask a question on beam while you were on air, still dont know how

I had only had mine a few days with 2.0 and found it pretty easy to program. Luckily I happened to catch Chris@AXFX last night while I was loading 3.0 or I would have been totally lost after the update thinking that something went wrong. 3.0 makes big editing differences to get used to, and would have been in panic mode if I had downloaded and missed his tutorial.

Thank you Chris

wish I could have figured out how to ask a question on beam while you were on air, still dont know how

I said on this thread (or a different thread...) earlier today that the thing we're discussing will probably be the number one question users will have... it's definitely confusing, then totally liberating!

I encountered a small problem when using the FX8 tonight. The X/Y option stopped working. The X/Y option was enabled (I had to look to find it and verify). Rebooting the unit fixed the problem. I took a photo of the blocks I was using and saved the preset. It hasn't happened again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom