FRFR speaker recommendation?

GR G210A ST for me. Loud, light and extremely flat (in a good way 😀). Tried a lot of brands, liked some of them, but “fell in love” with these Italian beauties.

Another nod for the EV PXM 12P's I really like the pair I have. They are light, powerful non hyped and very versatile! I would say sound wise they are comparable to a CLR.

I'm such a big fan of the powered Atomic CLR Neo wedges, I own 2.
Yes, me too. They're what I use for 92dB+ voicing for stage applications. True and loud. I've mucked about with the Red Sound cabs as well. To me they're a subtler speaker. If you're familiar with Alnico types in pickups I'd compare the Red Sound to A2's and the CLR's to A5's.
The Atomic CLRs still scratch that itch for me when I want to get loud…..they’re awesome.
Yes, so I hear, but at this point they're not very available, and both reliability and customer service have become significant issues. If you go that way, go in with your eyes open.

Yes, so I hear, but at this point they're not very available, and both reliability and customer service have become significant issues. If you go that way, go in with your eyes open.
I got mine off a local Craigslist.

I figure there's nothing unobtainable in the amp section that a competent repair shop couldn't diagnose, should Atomic still have communication issues.

Coaxial will have more consistent tone across the stage and room, better dispersion.
That being said, I believe these have a bigger dispersion than the standard shaped mains types. My interest in any frfr is will it sit better when it's being used with the pa/band? I'm so used to a typical rig behind me being cab and head, wondering if it's really something I have not really experienced, other than playing the frfr loud at rehearsal and not in the pa , didnt care for it , way digital sounding as opposed to old school cab/head. Yet a bigger sound of the pa being within ear shot and the PXM or many other frfr in front or behind..wonder if I truly missed the boat

The RCFs have been the clear winners (again) in this years speaker shootout at the Axe Fest Germany. I don't remember what model though. About ten different models were in the contest, incl. Blueamp, Matrix, Redsound and others.

Back
Top Bottom