AFIII Presets "Fremen's Picks" for Axe-Fx III

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
My go-to presets (besides the ones I use with my Tribute to Pink Floyd cover band, of course) are now released ! EDIT 2nd March 2019 : update for firmware 3.02 added.

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/axe-fx-iii-fremens-picks/

These 92 presets, most of which have from 4 to 8 scenes, are for FRFR systems, not traditional guitar speakers. They will work with a variety of guitars but are optimized for superstrats with a humbucker in bridge and neck and a single coil in the middle. I usually use position 4 of the pickup selector (middle single coil pickup + split bridge humbucker) for the clean and crunch presets, and the bridge or neck humbuckers for mid to high gain. A Les Paul guitar was used for “brothers in Arms” and “Firth of fifth”. Also included are 31 user cabs.

Last edited:
I have purchased all of your AXE FX II presets for my XL+ and they sound GREAT with cab simulation on going through my recording speaker/set-up.

I have been able to tweak some of them for going through my Marshall EL34 50/50 (tube power amp), and run in a stereo set-up.

However, I have found that the AXE FX III doesn't work as nicely with my 50/50 tube power amp set-up.

Can you create some that will specifically work with tube amps, mono and stereo set-ups? With NO cab modeling or FRFR involved?

I came to this forum today to ask about presets being available out there for people who use tube amps (and stereo tube power amps), so hopefully, you might be willing to modify a few of your presets for those of us willing to buy them from you.

Maybe you could offer a few presets where they are tube amp specific AND with cab modeling? The buyer could use one for live and the other for recording purposes.

Either way, thanks for ALWAYS providing us with QUALITY presets :)

Can you create some that will specifically work with tube amps, mono and stereo set-ups? With NO cab modeling or FRFR involved?

I came to this forum today to ask about presets being available out there for people who use tube amps (and stereo tube power amps), so hopefully, you might be willing to modify a few of your presets for those of us willing to buy them from you.

Maybe you could offer a few presets where they are tube amp specific AND with cab modeling? The buyer could use one for live and the other for recording purposes.

Either way, thanks for ALWAYS providing us with QUALITY presets :)
Thanks for your comments ! Unfortunately, I don't have a tube amp. Maybe I could use the loop return of my Friedman Runt head, but that would not be ideal. It's difficult to make tube amp+real cab presets because there are too many variables, as there are vastly different tube amps and traditional speakers. All FRFR systems/studio monitors doesn't sound the same, but at least are meant to be in the same ballpark

Do you have a list of the presets or cover songs that they cover

Songs (33 presets)
A tout le monde (Megadeth)
Ashes(Pain of Salvation)
Black hole sun (Soundgarden)
Blurry (Puffle of Mud)
Boulevard of broken dreams(Green Day)
Brighton Rock (Queen)
Brothers in arms (Dire Straits)
Cathedral (Van Halen
Cry for you (Andy Timmons)
Devin's Life ("Life" by Devin Townsend)
Diary of Jane (Breaking Benjamin)
E-BOW (for "With or without you" by U2)
Enjoy the silence (Lacuna Coil version of the Depeche Mode song)
Final countdown synth (Europe)
Firth of Fifth (Genesis)
Highway star (Deep Purple)
Hurricane (Scorpions)
It's my Talk box (Bon Jovi)
Metallica RTM+LD (Used for "Enter Sandman" and "Nothing else matters")
Nothing else matters CLN(Metallica)
Numb clean (Linkin Park)
Numb Intro (Linkin Park)
Numb RTM/Lead (Linkin Park)
Open your eyes (Alter Bridge)
Owner of a lonely heart(Yes)
Pull me under (Dream Theater, tone match of the rhythm guitar, from the studio recording)
Sultans of swing (Dire Straits)
Sunday bloody Sunday (U2)
Sweet Child O'mine (Guns'N'Roses)
The Trooper(s) E (Iron Maiden)
The Trooper(s) Eb (Iron Maiden)
Touching tongues (Steve Vai)
U2 (8 songs)
Clean (7 presets)
Acoustic sim 3.0
Acoustic simulator 2
JC120 80's clean
Shiver clean
Tube Pre cln Phaser
Twin Rev clean
Variax acoustic II
Crunch & Mid gain (9 presets)
AC20 - DC30 crunch
Blues-fusion Lead
Cameron mean blues
FAS HR brown sound
Hipower + Drive
Hooked
In Shiva's arms
MK II smooth lead
Plexi crunch
High gain (23 presets)
5153 RED lead
Children of the Corncob
Circular delay lead
Dual FAS Modern
Euro Blue smooth LD
FAS Modern III RTM
Fountain of expression
Modern Savage
Modern Tucana lead
Parallel comp LD
Recto lead
Savage lead 1
Savage lead 2
TDR Recto Red TM
Trip-Tik/Tucana lead
USA heavier RTM
USA MK IV lead
USA MKIIC+ LD 2
USA MKIIC+ LD
USA MKIIC+ rhythm
USA MKIIC++ lead (V1)
USA MKIIC++ lead
USA Pre Red LD2
SFX (20 presets)
Arabic harmonies
Cheesy whammy
Clean and symphony
Crunchy & clean
Delay madness
Dual delays
Formant whammy
Friedman raygun + ring mod
Looper fun
Major penta harmonies
Morph cln-crunch
Morph crunch-rhythm
Morphing rhythm - lead
Reso whammy
Strings + solo violin
TDR's looper lead
Triple clean + shimmer
Valhalwha
Whammy antics
Whammy Lead

Last edited:
Will you be providing any of these in sample packs for free on your website?

I know you have a few free sample packs there but none for the III yet.

Will you be providing any of these in sample packs for free on your website?

I know you have a few free sample packs there but none for the III yet.
Nothing from this pack, no. According to the download stats from my website, it's not worth it. 99% of those who registered to download a free pack never purchased anything. I have trouble believing my presets are so bad ;)

Excellent , been waiting on these, many were my goto presets for the axe 2, superb presets, so excited to get these loaded up on the 3..thanks fremen

A cheap Mexican guitar, with average pickups, and frets not high enough for me. I bought it because it has a Floyd Rose, and with the intent of installing a EMG DG20 kit. I also plan on having it refretted with Dunlop 6105 frets. No remorse for all these modifications, as it's a cheap guitar.
Fremen's Picks 3.02 update should be released tomorrow. I only have 10 presets left to tweak but they are more tricky, with different drive models in each scenes etc.

A cheap Mexican guitar, with average pickups, and frets not high enough for me. I bought it because it has a Floyd Rose, and with the intent of installing a EMG DG20 kit. I also plan on having it refretted with Dunlop 6105 frets. No remorse for all these modifications, as it's a cheap guitar.
Fremen's Picks 3.02 update should be released tomorrow. I only have 10 presets left to tweak but they are more tricky, with different drive models in each scenes etc.
honestly bro the guitar sound pretty good as is,im not really a fan of floyd rose but if i get a guitar like your with floyd rose i will be ok

Update for firmware 3.02 complete ! A new folder with the 3.02 versions has been added to the zip file

Awesome, you are really on your grind, outdoing yourself every time out...really looking fwd. to the synthpads, synth stuff packs. Thanks again, all the best to you sir!

Back
Top Bottom