AFIII Presets Fremen Presets masterthread (releases, updates etc.)

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
I joined truefire for that reason. It is like a candy store for me. I made a free account then waited for the discount offers. I bit when they said 99 dollars for a year for a full membership. Andy timmons, Robben Ford, andy Wood. Does it get any better? Lol. It you are a metalhead then you would be better of at lick library.
The only thing that I find really, really annoying is that nearly every video explains the basic pentatonic patterns etc. Why not just assume that someone who wants to see a Robben Ford Masterclass knows at least that? Such a waste of time. Jennifer Batten has a class on it. (Not too interesting but ok). But also there time is wasted on that. Grr.

'sup, guys ?
Some news. I took a break from programming new sounds because after so much time spent on updating the existing presets for the III and FM3, I really needed to get back to "normal" guitar playing time - playing for the love of it. Updating presets requires me to repeat the same riffs and licks over and over (to check dynamics, frequency response etc. - palm mutes for the heavy rhythm tones etc.)
So recently I wanted to record a few videos, and the last one is almost ready - it's a two parts song, I already released a video for the first part (at the time, I wasn't sure I would record the second one). I'm going to redo the first part with a guest solo from a friend, so the final version will be for next week. In the meantime, I want to share with you the temporary version ; it's unlisted and will be taken down when the final one is online. The second (and most fun) part starts around 3:50

Unfortunately, while recording this, I hurt my neck and right now my arms and hands are painful, so no guitar for a few days. I also have to wear a neck brace... That's what happen when you try to re-record a 1993 original song with the fingers of 2021 :) And the tempo is much slower than the original version... I was much faster at 27 :p Anyway, I'm pleased with the result. This was also an opportunity to use all my electric guitars in this one (there are 12 question/answers solos in it).
Again, the video is unlisted, final version next week. One thing I'm proud of is that all the tones used in the lead parts didn't need any EQ, they work straight in the mix, except the solo with the Epiphone les Paul, on which I slightly bumped the mids. So, there's almost no EQ in this DAW project ! Here's a list of the presets used for the question/answer part :
solo 1 (Tom Anderson Angel) : "The Quest" (my main lead tone from "Fremen's Picks")
Solo 2 (Epiphone Les Paul) : "TDR Brit 800 5" scene 4 (with Enhancer off) (Amp Pack preset)
Solo 3 (TA Tele) : "Friedman Raygun + ring mod" scene 3 ("Fremen's Picks")
Solo 4 (Ibanez RGR5220) : "The Story of gravity" scene 2 ("Rock & Metal 1" pack)
Solo 5 (Majesty) : "John P JP2C" scene 4 ("Rock & Metal 1" pack)
Solo 6 (Vigier Excalibur) : "TDR CA 11 Triptik Mdn" scene 4 (with Enhancer off) (Amp Pack preset)
Solo 7 (Jackson) : "5153 Red 3" scene 4 ("Rock & Metal 1" pack)
Solo 8 : "TDR Mark IV 11" scene 3 (Amp Pack preset)
Solo 9 (Variax) : "Fat Herbie" scene 4 ("Rock & Metal 1" pack) (Amp Pack preset)
Solo 10 (Shecter) : "TDR PVH 13 6160+ Lead" scene 4 (with Enhancer off)
Solo 11 (TA Strat) : "Archon 101" scene 4 ("Rock & Metal 1" pack)
Solo 12 (PRS & Epiphone SG) : "Savage 2" scene 4 (Enhancer off) ("Rock & Metal 1" pack)

On all these presets, I bypassed the delay/reverb, and use the same Tape Delay settings for all the tracks.

Even if I can't play right now, I'm going to use the DI tracks from this song to resume work on my "Rock & Metal 2" pack. This one will be released before the blues-Fusion pack.

Dude! Love the video. The guitars, bass, t-shirt pairings - love it all. Even if I didn't, I give major props on the purple Empath tour shirt behind that purple guitar (that was last concert I saw March 1, 2020 before COVID hit; I went with the orange version of that shirt). Really digging that neon green guitar too. Well done. Packs can wait - hope to see more content like this from you in the future, when you feel better. And with that, wishing you a quick recovery.

Thanks dude ! Got the two Empath shirts in November 2019 in Paris, that was the first show of the tour. My last gig before the pandemic hit was the Dream Theater SFAM tour, two months after that. I also wear the related t-shirt in this video ;)

Feel better T, neck issues suck. I can't wear a strap and play seated. After 5 years of cervical epidurals for stenosis, I finally got a handle on it. Don't be stupid and know your limitations. That was a very hard concept to embrace.:rolleyes:. You are such a great player, take care of your body so you, and we, can enjoy it. You reinforce my opinion that most of the great musicians in the the world go undiscovered.
PS, love the vibe appropriate clothing! Marrakesh Express, here we go!

Last edited:
The Animal immersion box set is supposed to be coming out soon, so just in time. Animals is my favorite PF album of all time. Man, Waters and Gilmour really are in a intellectual property war, that is pointless to the fans.

Ah, that's great ! I'm thinking about adding a few songs to that one, I get many request for "Coming back to life" and "Dogs". That won't be soon though

Lol funny part is that I never play any PF. I just love the sounds. I bought a “best of” cd to listen to some sounds for reference, but that is it.

I hope the js sound you are planning will be the live sound he uses. Like the live in San francisco album? Wil there be a clean channel? Like the sound of the intro of flying in a blue dream.

I hope the js sound you are planning will be the live sound he uses. Like the live in San francisco album? Wil there be a clean channel? Like the sound of the intro of flying in a blue dream.
Sorry dude, I missed your post ;) can't answer about this right now. What I can say, however, is that the Boutique/Blues pack is on the rails, and sounds fantastic! I converted a friend on Mauritius to Fractal, he's just got a FM3, and he's having an absolute blast beta testing them. He's a big John Mayer/Hendrix and all fan, with an analog rig including a Mesa Lonestar, a limited edition Strat and expensive boutique pedals (The Duellist, Jam Ray Vemuram, Rockfabrik Mind Abuse, Gladio Cornerstone and many many more - probably over $3k just in pedals). I have 50 presets completed right now and will probably add a few more before releasing the pack

Sorry dude, I missed your post ;) can't answer about this right now. What I can say, however, is that the Boutique/Blues pack is on the rails, and sounds fantastic! I converted a friend on Mauritius to Fractal, he's just got a FM3, and he's having an absolute blast beta testing them. He's a big John Mayer/Hendrix and all fan, with an analog rig including a Mesa Lonestar, a limited edition Strat and expensive boutique pedals (The Duellist, Jam Ray Vemuram, Rockfabrik Mind Abuse, Gladio Cornerstone and many many more - probably over $3k just in pedals). I have 50 presets completed right now and will probably add a few more before releasing the pack
Exciting!! 😁

Hi fremen, I had a question on the axe 3 preset packs. I have the full amp pack and continue to love the sounds I am getting from it, particularly with heavy rhythm, lead, and clean tones. However, I wanted to get your opinion on which of your packs (current or upcoming) that features the best edge of breakup/crunch tones?

Clean, ambient & SFX pack, scene 4 of the first 30 or 40 presets. But also my next pack (boutique & blues

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I think the boutique and blues pack will be right up my alley so consider me a first day buyer. And apologies, I literally saw your description of the upcoming pack 3 posts up a minute after I sent my question. Definitely sounds like what I am after.

Work in progress :

Played with my Tom Anderson Strat-style guitar, which sounds slightly darker than a regular Strat guitar. I can't play like John Mayer at all, I never studied his style and don't know many of his songs etc. But I made myself a 6 min edit version of "Continuum" with various guitar tones, and also watched many of his Instagram/Youtube videos where he uses the Axe-Fx III to get the inspiration for this preset, which will be in my "Boutique+Blues" pack

Back
Top Bottom