FRACTAL WORLDWIDE is at it again on Ebay with an AXEFX 2 !!! $3,999

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask myself why someone would pay $2599.99 when they could save $400.00 just with a little wait time but there are some people willing to pay inflated prices just to be first I guess.

Good...now go away. You are a nuisance.

grow up mate. and yes i will be going away cause every time i login there is a wailing horde of d-bags and fanboys whining about something and it has become honestly embarrassing. i do have better things to be doing with my time than contending with such people. have your whinge fest all to yourselves. i'm sick of it. i wont be around to read your witty reply but fire away anyway. seeyas....

Last edited:
I have just reported the seller to Ebay. The "Fractalworldwide" user name is intentionally misleading.

This is the guy who I thought was actually Fractal back when I first started looking for an Ultra...I though Cliff got this guy banned from selling these or something?

Is he one of the walk-ins to FAS HQ? How the heck did he get his hands on one so soon and bypass the wait list? Is this an Artists' Program unit, Tone Merchants or G66 advance, Amp Show demo or just plain DDoS bot autofill script? Looks like he has a reliable source (from prior Ultra sales).

Last edited:
I've contacted eBay a couple times regarding this and even threatened legal action and they have done nothing. I don't think anyone really works at eBay anymore. It's all just computers now.

Cliff:

I've been successful, either through the Vero program or cease and desist letters, in having the user themselves or Evilbay take down similar listings for my music manufacturing clients. It would be helpful though, if you had a Federal trademark registration.

Yes, believe me I know. But when dealing with eBay, they prefer if you're claiming a trademark violation, that you have a Federal registration as opposed to common law rights.

I've contacted eBay a couple times regarding this and even threatened legal action and they have done nothing. I don't think anyone really works at eBay anymore. It's all just computers now.
Last year I listed an Eastwood guitar on eBay with the title
"Eastwood Joey Leone LTD (Gibson es-335 clone)" and eBay pulled it for copyright violation.
I can only assume that Gibson's lawyers have a direct line to eBay's lawyers.

Last year I listed an Eastwood guitar on eBay with the title
"Eastwood Joey Leone LTD (Gibson es-335 clone)" and eBay pulled it for copyright violation.
I can only assume that Gibson's lawyers have a direct line to eBay's lawyers.

considering how the 70's-80's went for Ibanez, Tokai, and other companies that made Gibson clones, Gibson probably owns a part of evilbay. If Ibanez hadn't made the iceman and the superstrat, they would not be in business today because of Gibson. And fender but mostly Gibson. Those guys are relentless. They even jumped on ESP's back when they made Explorer and Les Paul copies. Fortunately for ESP, they had altered the guitar design just enough for court to tell Gibson to go sue someone else. I saw last year a black Gibson with EMG pickups. As much as I never liked Gibson, a Gibson should never have EMG pickups. It's not a Gibson if it does. It can have zakk wylde boomers to make every third note a pinch harmonic, seymour Duncans for slash type wailing, P-90s for vintage goodness, but not EMGs. Hell I just looked in a Sam Ash magazine and saw a gibson with a FLOYD ROSE TREMOLO. WTF? That is not Gibson. Put a hard tail on that bastard and stop trying to sell a guitar to junior. I'm sorry but I had to rant a bit. I was holding that one in for a while. :razz

As for fractalworldwide, the only thing that I see happening is a name change. Everything else is worded carefully so that people who don't catch it the first time will probably think It's a fractal seller and get financially raped.

There's another one that just went up... I know I've seen that "box on your doorstep" photo somewhere before...

RARE FRACTAL AUDIO AXE-FX II / TWO | eBay

I've seen that picture too. It was "Black Squirrel" who also posts here. He was one that Cliff was nice enough to allow to pick up the day after they went on sale. Kind of hope he decided to pull the ad because he had a change of heart, not because he closed the deal off eBay.

The Gear Page - View Single Post - Step by Step... How to buy an AXE-FX 2....

oooh! and Fractalworldwide has made a price reduction! down to $3750! LOL

Speaking of this price reduction...BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Just to see if he'd take it, I offered this guy $3800 cash, but told him I wanted to pick it up in person...he refused, then proceeded to lower the price to $3750. That right there tells me he's shady...won't post pics of the unit, won't answer if he has the product in hand, nothing. ..and definitely doesn't want anyone picking up the unit...SHADY!

Also to anyone thinking of buying from him, here's something to consider, not only do you not have a warranty, but if that unit gets lost or damaged in shipping you will lose money. All the shipping companies will pay in a total loss is what the retail price is...they won't pay more than that...so if you buy for say $3500 and it gets lost, expect only $2599 to be paid on the claim...you'll lose almost a grand.

Again, BUYER BEWARE!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom