FRACTAL WORLDWIDE is at it again on Ebay with an AXEFX 2 !!! $3,999

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've contacted eBay a couple times regarding this and even threatened legal action and they have done nothing. I don't think anyone really works at eBay anymore. It's all just computers now.

How have you contacted them? By email or phone? My experience when phoning Ebay has always been positive but the opposite when emailing. In my case, the matter was trivial compared to yours. There has to be a way.

Speaking of this price reduction...BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Also to anyone thinking of buying from him, here's something to consider, not only do you not have a warranty, but if that unit gets lost or damaged in shipping you will lose money. All the shipping companies will pay in a total loss is what the retail price is...they won't pay more than that...so if you buy for say $3500 and it gets lost, expect only $2599 to be paid on the claim...you'll lose almost a grand.

Again, BUYER BEWARE!
While not wishing to appear to "defend" him - because I do not agree with his business model - he does have 100% positive feedback and has sold quite a few Ultras to some very happy customers overseas in recent months, albeit at vastly inflated prices.

While not wishing to appear to "defend" him - because I do not agree with his business model - he does have 100% positive feedback and has sold quite a few Ultras to some very happy customers overseas in recent months, albeit at vastly inflated prices.

Yep, he's been lucky to not have to file a claim or have any bad units...I'm just warning those who might not realize how shipping insurance works...

I don't have any issue whatsoever with him selling for whatever someone will pay...I just have an issue with his blatant misleading ads...he's preying on the less Internet savvy out there...he knows it, he doesn't care... So be it...but others can still be warned...if they move forward with him after that then that's a risk they take, but at least they know the facts...in case they missed the teeny tiny print.

Just to see if he'd take it, I offered this guy $3800 cash, but told him I wanted to pick it up in person...he refused, then proceeded to lower the price to $3750. That right there tells me he's shady...won't post pics of the unit, won't answer if he has the product in hand, nothing. ..and definitely doesn't want anyone picking up the unit...SHADY!
I saw that question on the auction. Given what people think of him/her on this forum I'm pretty sure he/she does not want to meet any forum members face to face :)
Besides, wasn't the shipping charge sky high ($400+)? I somehow doubt that the entire amount would go to the shipping company.

Sheesh this thread is like stalkers reunite!! :D

Well he has the right to sell what he wants..but there is not much justice if he gets another before the list is complete!

I have a problem with exploitation, whether it be with the price of an Axe Fx 2, which in this case benefits an individual, or the enslavement of Africans etc, which benefits a corporate elite.

Last edited:
The numbers they're putting out now, it doesn't seem that difficult to get one at 2600. I mean 7 minutes isn't an eternity for them to be in stock, but it's long enough to easily type in your info.

Fractalworldwide is now down to 3500+75 shipping. I guess forum people aren't that desperate.

Looks like ebay laid into him. He changed his id to audiosystemsworldwide and stopped using the graphics from the website. At least his ad is more palatable now...

No one in their right mind would buy something at such a premium with no warranty. I'd be very surprised if this sells anywhere near what he's asking for (in the absence of a warranty).

Probably not a good idea talking about LEGAL matters in public. Plus, you don't have a trademark, which can easily be checked. Our group changed it all because everyone here is ridiculous and wants to mess with people trying to find a way to get some food on the table. We were tired of dealing with it.

Please leave our listing alone. It's not targeted to those in the United States so it's not "price gouging" it's for those overseas. Being the first to sell it on eBay is hard, you have to figure out what people are going to pay, so you aim high first. It was purchased legally so we're able to do whatever we want with it.

If we don't respond to your request it's because we're not going to waste our time with people who aren't actually interested in purchasing the item. We'd rather focus our attention and efforts on providing good customer service to those that are actually interested. That is why we have people coming back to us stating they'll buy from us again.

With that said, sorry if there was any confusion. We didn't think having the work "fractal" would be such a big deal as we weren't using the whole name and that word is a generic name in the dictionary.

That is all.

Probably not a good idea talking about LEGAL matters in public. Plus, you don't have a trademark, which can easily be checked.
You are apparently misinformed about the acquisition and preservation of trademark rights. For starters, I recommend you read this: http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/basics/BasicFacts_with_correct_links.pdf. I quote from Page 1: "You can establish rights in a mark based on use of the mark in commerce, without a registration."

With that said, sorry if there was any confusion. We didn't think having the work "fractal" would be such a big deal as we weren't using the whole name
This makes it appear as if you were counting on a technicality to keep you out of trouble. There can be no doubt that the layout of your auction, which included text and graphics from the FAS website, was likely to mislead - presumably, intentionally so - a prospective buyer into believing that the auction was being held by the factory.

If you can purchase a product at retail and sell at a profit without misrepresenting who you are or what you are doing, that is your right. To do so in a deceptive way is not your right.

Probably not a good idea talking about LEGAL matters in public. Plus, you don't have a trademark, which can easily be checked. Our group changed it all because everyone here is ridiculous and wants to mess with people trying to find a way to get some food on the table. We were tired of dealing with it.

Please leave our listing alone. It's not targeted to those in the United States so it's not "price gouging" it's for those overseas. Being the first to sell it on eBay is hard, you have to figure out what people are going to pay, so you aim high first. It was purchased legally so we're able to do whatever we want with it.

If we don't respond to your request it's because we're not going to waste our time with people who aren't actually interested in purchasing the item. We'd rather focus our attention and efforts on providing good customer service to those that are actually interested. That is why we have people coming back to us stating they'll buy from us again.

With that said, sorry if there was any confusion. We didn't think having the work "fractal" would be such a big deal as we weren't using the whole name and that word is a generic name in the dictionary.

That is all.

Just curious. Are you the same "ThatGuitarGuy" that posts here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom