FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

I agree, it's pretty dissatisfying to be completely clueless about the delivery dates, I guess the decision to keep us in the dark has also to do with the fact that G66 won't be able to serve the entire fm9 wait-list at once....and they don't want people to loose interest, which I totally understand since G66 completely depends on fractal audio.

I agree, it's pretty dissatisfying to be completely clueless about the delivery dates, I guess the decision to keep us in the dark has also to do with the fact that G66 won't be able to serve the entire fm9 wait-list at once....and they don't want people to loose interest, which I totally understand since G66 completely depends on fractal audio.
Some may buy the FM3 of fx3 instead? I suspect I’m low on the list and my get the FM3?

Some may buy the FM3 of fx3 instead? I suspect I’m low on the list and my get the FM3?
This is exactly what I did. I joined the wait list late so I will be at a very low spot on the list. I bought a Helix floor (used) to cover the waiting time instead of buying the FM3. The idea was that I could flip the Helix with minimal loss when the FM9 is available, instead of taking the depreciation of the FM3.

In the mean time I did not resist the GAS for Fractal so bought the FM3 to compare…and the Helix started collecting dust quickly so I decided selling the Helix HD keeping the FM3.

I am already sure I still want the FM9, because I prefer having more footswitches and I am hitting the DSP limit on kitchen sink presets.

The fm3 is not an option for me since I mainly use floorboards for live purposes and since the fm3 has only one amp block and that annoying audio gap.

The fm3 is not an option for me since I mainly use floorboards for live purposes and since the fm3 has only one amp block and that annoying audio gap.
I have the same situation.
Fm9 will be there when it is. It doesn't make sense to ask when, as it doesn't depend on the G66.
I hope that when someone gets it from the G66, they will show it off.

How big is that audio gap? Same as when you change to a different preset on the Axe III? (Which I don't care about/ fast enough for me).
Or is it longer?

We'll have our German Axe-Fest (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) by the end of May this year. Pretty sure that the FM9 will not be available in Europe by then. But I guess that we'll get some FM9 to try out and first hand information regarding delivery. Jaques from G66 has a good connection to many in the German Axe forum.

For my part, I will use the FM9 as home/backup system to the Axe III which I use with the band, so I can exchange presets between the two machines easily. That's currently not possible with my old Axe II nor with any other ad interim solution. I need to wait ...

It would really be nice to get even just a rough idea, europe does seem way down on the list for getting these units. I'd understand if they said due to the lack of chips worldwide, we would be looking at the second quarter of this year or longer, but silence is even worst.....

Well, its also only a personal expectation based on earlier communications last year with G66.
I had the shipping information in Q1. You write that it may not even Q2.
That is why your information is important to me, also in the context of thinking: do I really want to wait so long or maybe I can decide on something else?

It would really be nice to get even just a rough idea, europe does seem way down on the list for getting these units. I'd understand if they said due to the lack of chips worldwide, we would be looking at the second quarter of this year or longer, but silence is even worst.....
After all, it is a disappointment.

The only way I lose interest is if I don't get any information.

Is of course my personal problem and not an accusation. Damn impatience!

The only way I lose interest is if I don't get any information.

Is of course my personal problem and not an accusation. Damn impatience!
I spend my time watching other multi-effects. Headrush Pedalboard, Neural DSP, Kemper, Line 6 Helix. Surprisingly, they are all available. In addition, they are cheaper and have many interesting solutions. But are the sound equally good? 😀

Last edited:
I spend my time watching other multi-effects. Headrush Pedalboard, Neural DSP, Kemper, Line 6 Helix. Surprisingly, they are all available. In addition, they are cheaper and have many interesting solutions. But are the sound equally good? 😀
Not in my experience

This is primarily a matter of personal preference, I think.

I'm mainly looking for a floor device that has the best possible FX over 4CM. And that seems to be the case for me with Fractal Audio and the FM9. Amp modeling would only be the "one more thing" for me.

Sorry for being that much OT.

Source ? How far down that “list” could Europe be ? Far as I can tell, it’s always been 1. USA/CAN, 2. EU… with regions such as Australia getting the raw deal.

If USA arent expecting to restock until mid 2022, G66 will probably be at the same time - this is why it would be good to hear from G66. The email is taken from the USA waitlist thread.

za39GIb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom