FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

I got my FX III Turbo, which was announced after the FM9, this week.
But the Turbo isn't really a 'new' product like the FM9 is. Maybe Fractal want's to make sure that there are no manufacturing problems in FM9's before they ship to Europe and face potential expensive return shipments.
This is a good argument. But it does not speak very well for the design and test office. I would not admit it :)

And is this normal for you?
I waited longer for the FC-6. But it wasn't ok.
No, it´s not normal to me, but I got used to it.
When the FM3 was annonunced they said it would be available in two months, in the US that is. Normally it takes way longer for EU. I guess they ran into severe production problems with the FM3, aside from the missing headphone out in the first production run.
You can see that FAS learned from this desaster, the FM9 was immediately available, at least in the US. We don´t know how many units they shipped though.

No, it´s not normal to me
And this is where we agree .... :)
but I got used to it.
and here it is not so much that I would like it to be otherwise. Equal access to the product all over the world. If, of course, the product is to be available all over the world at all.
I understand that America is a huge market and it is easier to handle a possible service. But without exaggeration. The rest of the world also exists :)

I agree, it is frustrating. And everyone wants to have it right now, but each company has its own commercial strategy:

• Apple made available some products in the US only (the very first iPhone, HomePod…)
  • Fiat, Alfa Romeo make cars that are not for US market
  • ….

But once again, I agree, it would have been better if they made some share of stock for US, some for EU, and so on. I don’t know 50% US and the other 50% for the rest of the world.

:grimacing: I came from a Mesa Mark V, too.
You will definitely find that amp perfectly modeled, so you won't miss the real one.
I have no plans selling the Mesa, bought it years ago for a very good price and will just hold on to it. It will most likely only be worth more money in the future and I don’t need the cash. It would be fun to connect 4CM and try to match the mkV pre-amp or use the C++ model?

My other amp is a mid-90’s Marshall JTM60 2x12. Know for issues but mine never had issues except for oxidation on the send-return that can be solved by a patch cable. This was my first tube amp, and it gets used when a friend comes over for jamming. The drive channel is mediocre at best but the clean channel is ok as pedal platform.

Could be the we are in for a long wait. Just read a message on the thread for the US waiting list that they are running out of stock of their first batch and the next could be February / March.

Could be the we are in for a long wait. Just read a message on the thread for the US waiting list that they are running out of stock of their first batch and the next could be February / March.

Yup, chip shortage I'd bet.

Not the news I was hoping for....I was so ready to order the FM9!! And since I only got on the waiting list recently this could be a very long wait...

Ok, now I'm thinking to buy the FC6 in the waiting. And then sell everything to buy the FM9...

Check out the US wishlist thread. Even US customers cannot expect the next batch before 2/2022. I wouldn't even bet on the 2Q/2022 for Europe.
There’s two different waitlists and - after the initial first run for the US - a certain number of units allocated to the various markets (US, EU/UK, AUS…). Same as with the FM3: people who got in early enough on the EU waitlist got their hands on a unit before latecomers to the US waitlist. G66 being the official distributor for FA, they should have a better idea than us.

...Damn, now the official fractal Homepage states that the fm9 is sold out due to the conductor shortage it'll take several month before the serve the wait-list again. Jesus, will we see the fm9 before 2023?:(

...Damn, now the official fractal Homepage states that the fm9 is sold out due to the conductor shortage it'll take several month before the serve the wait-list again. Jesus, will we see the fm9 before 2023?:(
Fractal doesn’t sell direct to Europe, so it doesn’t really matter what the USA status is. It’s the G66 delivery that matters.

Fractal doesn’t sell direct to Europe, so it doesn’t really matter what the USA status is. It’s the G66 delivery that matters.
Understandable, sadly I joined the wait-list not in the first days of it's opening and as far as I could figure out there is only a small and limited amount of fm9's that fractal guaranteed g66. Whatever that means 100 or 500 it will not be enough I fear personally.

It is unknown where they stand with the US waitlist and as of when stock will be passed to international distributors. So I'm afraid the low global availability will also affect local availability outside the US borders.

Back
Top Bottom