FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

Email sent on 27/8 at 19,40 CEST
Reply arrived on 28/8 at 11,20

But who rumored about May'22?
Are you serious?

Any increase in the deadline will be a huge surprise.
But as of today, the earliest deliveries are probably Q2 2022.
Now let's think about what can happen in 6 months :) (Kemper, Quad Cortex, etc.)

I see some had problems with loose IEC port and had to return the unit for assistance: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/loose-iec-port.177679/#post-2166880

I think it is ok to wait a bit until it is ready to be shipped worldwide.
Probably it won't be so easy as in the US to get the same fast repair service.
I had my FC6 screen issue fixed in 4 days (thats 2 days shipping each way from Uk to Germany and a few hours at G66) - the US wont be any quicker than that.

I see European youtubers have them and are promoting via G66 - so i dont see why they are promoting the product if they arent expecting stock until March 22.

Last edited:
I had my FC6 screen issue fixed in 4 days (thats 2 days shipping each way from Uk to Germany and a few hours at G66) - the US wont be any quicker than that.

I see European youtubers have them and are promoting via G66 - so i dont see why they are promoting the product if they arent expecting stock until March 22.

Wow that’s great! I didn’t knew G66 does assistance service. Good to know. Thanks!

I sent them an email after getting on the waiting list a week ago with a few technical questions and I also asked for a rough estimate for timelines. Their response was that it may take some weeks. So as long as we talk weeks instead of months I’m happy.

No hurry anyway as I still need to decide on which monitors to buy

I have to admit that even though I’m on the waitlist since day one I’ve not decided yet.

You know, differences between FM9 and 3 are not so huge and I fear I’ll have the same feelings I have when I buy a new iPhone. Ok, more powerful, few more options, but in the end the same thing.

I’ll have time to take this decision.

I have to admit that even though I’m on the waitlist since day one I’ve not decided yet.

You know, differences between FM9 and 3 are not so huge and I fear I’ll have the same feelings I have when I buy a new iPhone. Ok, more powerful, few more options, but in the end the same thing.

I’ll have time to take this decision.
Great that you already have the FM3. For me it would be the first step into modeling so I want to go straight for the 9, not because I need but I am sure I would regret not to. Portability is no issue and coming from a Mesa MkV I am used to a lot of switches😁.

Great that you already have the FM3. For me it would be the first step into modeling so I want to go straight for the 9, not because I need but I am sure I would regret not to. Portability is no issue and coming from a Mesa MkV I am used to a lot of switches😁.
:grimacing: I came from a Mesa Mark V, too.
You will definitely find that amp perfectly modeled, so you won't miss the real one.

I don't understand that either.
The delivery date of the FM9 to Europe is not specified at all. Any dates are just rumors.

I don't understand that either.
The delivery date of the FM9 to Europe is not specified at all. Any dates are just rumors.

I'm looking at it as a positive, the FM3 videos started appearing a while before the units started being shipped but these updates about them not until the spring is disappointing

G66 are fully aware about what gets talked about on-line, so the last they'll be wanting to do is scupper any interest

Best case they're going for a worst case scenario with delivery in the late spring but maybe there's gonna be a shipment early in the new year

Let's not forget there's the chip shortage so they might be focusing on the US until they have a substantial amount to ship to Europe

Makes sense really, I've heard about domestic appliances being affect over here in the UK as well. Customers ordering a new fridge or freezer, they can't get one because of the chip shortage.

And also the car industry as well. I have a Range Rover dealer over the road from where I work and the guy that drives the vehicles around collecting and dropping them off said customers are struggling to order a new car because of the chip shortage also. It's affect everyone and everything unfortunately.

I'm looking at it as a positive, the FM3 videos started appearing a while before the units started being shipped but these updates about them not until the spring is disappointing

G66 are fully aware about what gets talked about on-line, so the last they'll be wanting to do is scupper any interest

Best case they're going for a worst case scenario with delivery in the late spring but maybe there's gonna be a shipment early in the new year

Let's not forget there's the chip shortage so they might be focusing on the US until they have a substantial amount to ship to Europe
Ok. I understand everything. Even an advertisement for a product that is not yet available. But not 10 months before possible delivery. I understand 3 months. But 10? .. It is strange to me :)

Ok. I understand everything. Even an advertisement for a product that is not yet available. But not 10 months before possible delivery. I understand 3 months. But 10? .. It is strange to me :)
FWIW, I waited for over 1 year for my FM3...

I got my FX III Turbo, which was announced after the FM9, this week.
But the Turbo isn't really a 'new' product like the FM9 is. Maybe Fractal want's to make sure that there are no manufacturing problems in FM9's before they ship to Europe and face potential expensive return shipments.

Back
Top Bottom