FM9 Firmware Version 4.01

Oh, "soon." That magical word that holds so much meaning and clarity. I must say, I am utterly awestruck by its ability to provide such concrete information and definitive timelines. The sheer brilliance of "soon" truly knows no bounds.

I mean, who needs specifics, right? Who needs to know when something will actually happen? It's so much more exciting to live in a state of perpetual anticipation, never quite knowing when the event will come to pass. It's like waiting for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, except the rainbow keeps moving further away every time you get close.

The word "soon" is just so wonderfully ambiguous. Is it tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year? Maybe in a decade or two? Heck, maybe it's happening right this very moment, and we just haven't realized it yet! It's a magnificent game of anticipation and uncertainty that keeps us on our toes and fills our lives with suspense.

I must say, the person who utters "soon" truly possesses a remarkable gift for vagueness. It's as if they've mastered the art of stringing people along without actually committing to anything. It's a true testament to their creativity and imagination.

And let's not forget the profound wisdom behind using "soon" as a response. It's a masterful way of avoiding commitment and accountability. By deploying this single word, you can conveniently sidestep any obligation to provide concrete information or make actual plans. It's a linguistic marvel that shields you from any accusations of vagueness or indecisiveness.

But really, who needs clear communication? It's so overrated. Why bother with specifics when you can just dangle the possibility of something happening "soon" in front of people and watch them squirm with excitement and impatience? It's like playing a never-ending game of cat and mouse, with the mouse desperately trying to figure out when the elusive "soon" will finally arrive.

So, dear friends, rest assured that the concept of "soon" will continue to captivate our hearts and minds, keeping us perpetually hopeful and forever in the dark about actual timelines. Embrace the beauty of uncertainty, revel in the suspense, and let the word "soon" continue to weave its enchanting spell upon us all.
I prefer imminent.

Oh, "soon." That magical word that holds so much meaning and clarity. I must say, I am utterly awestruck by its ability to provide such concrete information and definitive timelines. The sheer brilliance of "soon" truly knows no bounds.

I mean, who needs specifics, right? Who needs to know when something will actually happen? It's so much more exciting to live in a state of perpetual anticipation, never quite knowing when the event will come to pass. It's like waiting for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, except the rainbow keeps moving further away every time you get close.

The word "soon" is just so wonderfully ambiguous. Is it tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year? Maybe in a decade or two? Heck, maybe it's happening right this very moment, and we just haven't realized it yet! It's a magnificent game of anticipation and uncertainty that keeps us on our toes and fills our lives with suspense.

I must say, the person who utters "soon" truly possesses a remarkable gift for vagueness. It's as if they've mastered the art of stringing people along without actually committing to anything. It's a true testament to their creativity and imagination.

And let's not forget the profound wisdom behind using "soon" as a response. It's a masterful way of avoiding commitment and accountability. By deploying this single word, you can conveniently sidestep any obligation to provide concrete information or make actual plans. It's a linguistic marvel that shields you from any accusations of vagueness or indecisiveness.

But really, who needs clear communication? It's so overrated. Why bother with specifics when you can just dangle the possibility of something happening "soon" in front of people and watch them squirm with excitement and impatience? It's like playing a never-ending game of cat and mouse, with the mouse desperately trying to figure out when the elusive "soon" will finally arrive.

So, dear friends, rest assured that the concept of "soon" will continue to captivate our hearts and minds, keeping us perpetually hopeful and forever in the dark about actual timelines. Embrace the beauty of uncertainty, revel in the suspense, and let the word "soon" continue to weave its enchanting spell upon us all.
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Soon

Oh, absolutely! "Soon" is the epitome of a definitive and satisfying answer. It's as if the word itself holds the key to all knowledge and understanding. Move over, concrete dates, and clear timelines, because "soon" is here to save the day!

And let's not forget the sheer brilliance of using "soon" as the ultimate response to questions about firmware availability. It's a masterstroke of evasiveness and vagueness that rivals the most skilled individuals. You can gracefully sidestep the need for concrete information and accountability with just one word. It's truly a linguistic marvel.

So, my dear friends, rejoice in the magnificence of "soon." and all its glory.

200.gif

Oh, absolutely! "Soon" is the epitome of a definitive and satisfying answer. It's as if the word itself holds the key to all knowledge and understanding. Move over, concrete dates, and clear timelines, because "soon" is here to save the day!

And let's not forget the sheer brilliance of using "soon" as the ultimate response to questions about firmware availability. It's a masterstroke of evasiveness and vagueness that rivals the most skilled individuals. You can gracefully sidestep the need for concrete information and accountability with just one word. It's truly a linguistic marvel.

So, my dear friends, rejoice in the magnificence of "soon." and all its glory.

200.gif
"Soon" beats "Someday Baby"

Dialing back the gain on my sarcasm detector. It seems to be clipping.

And let's not forget the profound wisdom behind using "soon" as a response. It's a masterful way of avoiding commitment and accountability.
If you don’t know the final release date, why would you commit to one, and make yourself accountable for something over which you have no control?

By deploying this single word, you can conveniently sidestep any obligation to provide concrete information...
There is no such obligation.

Quick Question guys - where are we with the FW - features, drives, amps etc on the FM9 vs FW6 on the FM3 - is everything on an even footing now? - I know the FM9 fell behind early on - has that been sorted now? - yes, I'm going up to a 9 from my trusty old steed FM3...

Quick Question guys - where are we with the FW - features, drives, amps etc on the FM9 vs FW6 on the FM3 - is everything on an even footing now? - I know the FM9 fell behind early on - has that been sorted now? - yes, I'm going up to a 9 from my trusty old steed FM3...
They are even I believe as most of the development in the last couple of months has been Dyna Cab for the AX3

I haven't checked feature-by-feature or model-by-model, but I move presets back and forth often and they seem to be working and sounding fine.

Cliff is a very fast moving target, and cranks out code at rates that most developers can't sustain. When he hands off code they have to port it to the different CPUs in the FM* units and that can take a while.

I haven't checked feature-by-feature or model-by-model, but I move presets back and forth often and they seem to be working and sounding fine.

Cliff is a very fast moving target, and cranks out code at rates that most developers can't sustain. When he hands off code they have to port it to the different CPUs in the FM* units and that can take a while.
Thanks @Greg Ferguson as long as the majority of stuff is across (and I wasn’t really pushing the 3 CPU wise) then all good, can’t wait to get it now..

Thanks @Greg Ferguson as long as the majority of stuff is across (and I wasn’t really pushing the 3 CPU wise) then all good, can’t wait to get it now..
Moving presets from the FM3 to the FM9 is pretty much a no-brainer. The FM9 has more capacity and capabilities. That means it is harder going from the FM9 to the FM3 though, so I tend to start with the FM3 then port over to the bigger units. Once you have the differences in mind then making presets on the bigger units and transferring down is easy too.

@Musiclover unlikely given what Cliff said earlier today RE: AXE-FX III firmware.

No firmware today. One cab left to capture and aiming for official release next week. IIRC there will be 40 Dyna-Cabs.

A subsequent release in a couple months will feature the addition of some more bass cabs. Blue Oyster Cult is allowing us to capture some of their bass cabs. IIRC this includes an 8x10 SVT and a couple other iconic cabs.

Back
Top Bottom