FM9 Firmware Version 4.01

Dialing back the gain on my sarcasm detector. It seems to be clipping.

If you don’t know the final release date, why would you commit to one, and make yourself accountable for something over which you have no control?

There is no such obligation.
Now that Admin has informed everyone that the FM9 and FM3 firmware related to Dynacab will be following the Axe-Fx III, you can put away your "sarcasm detector" and get back on topic from the original question, or move on.

Costume Party Laugh GIF by Halloween Party

Per my usual policy, I'll leave that bait sitting on the hook.
Hope your vacation time this year will be a good one. I'd wondered if a trip to Italy would be nice, but realized that Maine has far better fishing streams and lakes plus scenery. P.S. A good buddy of mine who fishes each year reminded me what they do with the little ones...they toss them back...

Now that Admin has informed everyone that the FM9 and FM3 firmware related to Dynacab will be following the Axe-Fx III, you can put away your "sarcasm detector" and get back on topic from the original question, or move on.

Costume Party Laugh GIF by Halloween Party
You do realize that that's SOP? Right? Nothing new here. Axe-Fx III first, then Fm9 and/or FM3. In other words, the answer is still "soon".

Spent much time in the Dolomites?
No time spent in ME recently. I hear it's nice. Visited once many years ago, but it was closer towards the eastern shore when a group of us visited for a buddy's wedding reception...IMHO, it's only a place where you can look but not touch and still feel joyful...

You do realize that that's SOP? Right? Nothing new here. Axe-Fx III first, then Fm9 and/or FM3. In other words, the answer is still "soon".

Oh, thank you for gracing us with your unparalleled wisdom! Your condescending reminder of the obvious is truly enlightening. How could anyone have possibly missed the fact that it's standard operating procedure?

Clearly, we are all fools for expecting any innovation or progress in their communication on the firmware life cycle.

Doug, if I need help I will make sure to seek you out since you're most helpful. It's so nice to have experience users like you on the forum.

Sexy In Love GIF by Kiesza

Oh, thank you for gracing us with your unparalleled wisdom! Your condescending reminder of the obvious is truly enlightening. How could anyone have possibly missed the fact that it's standard operating procedure?

Clearly, we are all fools for expecting any innovation or progress in their communication on the firmware life cycle.

Doug, if I need help I will make sure to seek you out since you're most helpful. It's so nice to have experience users like you on the forum.

Sexy In Love GIF by Kiesza
Shesh… the amount of snark you have brought to this thread all because you want a date. As someone who has been in the software industry for almost 20 years… no company should every commit to a date. As soon as a date is provided someone feels an obligation to meet it as a deadline and quality suffers. You’ve asked 10 different ways for a date and the answer is always the same. Yet you persist…

Fractal should not commit to a date but deliver when it is ready. Quell your excitement and play your guitar while you wait. The FM9 is already a great piece of kit as it is. Offering any kind of timeline is the antithesis of progress.

Tough Room, apparently.
Never used to be. Some people come across entitled and others realize that FAS is an amazing company and produce amazing products. All these updates are free, so I am more than happy to wait for when they are rolled out.

In my line of work, whenever I pushed the factory to rush something, I would live to regret what they sent my customer.

Never used to be. Some people come across entitled and others realize that FAS is an amazing company and produce amazing products. All these updates are free, so I am more than happy to wait for when they are rolled out.

In my line of work, whenever I pushed the factory to rush something, I would live to regret what they sent my customer.
I'm with you. It's been 2 years since I started with the FM3 and now a FM9 and I still haven't even scratched the surface, so I certainly am ok without new features, especially since I haven't gotten to some of the new features from the last firmware.

I'm with you. It's been 2 years since I started with the FM3 and now a FM9 and I still haven't even scratched the surface, so I certainly am ok without new features, especially since I haven't gotten to some of the new features from the last firmware.
Whenever they release something new, it feels like Christmas. I was so satisfied with my tone, the last time they released a beta, I waited. First time for me, LOL. When it was a full public release, I went and grabbed it. Being an old tube amp guy, I NEVER liked modeling, nor did I EVER think I would ever use it. Yet, here we are. I am still amazed, and thankful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom