FM9 Firmware Version 4.01

Not as a dig on anything which might spark controversy...but back in the day, you remember when you were a kid and you couldn't wait for Christmas morning to open your presents? Your parents likely said several months in advance, "You'll see, it'll be here sooner than you think."

Well, I'm not a kid anymore though I can appreciate what delayed gratification means. Some things are just worth waiting for. Your first kiss. Your wedding night. Your first child. The keys to your first real car.

The same holds for waiting for updated OS firmware. It's likely the impatient kid in you that is saying, "I can't wait, I want it ASAP."

There is a saying: "Patience is a virtue." I know, it seems outdated in this ever-changing fast-paced world. We gotta have it NOW! (Sigh).

Delayed gratification can be a cruel mistress that teases you. Tell that mistress you used the last batteries in the DVD remote so you can find time to relax. Nothing worse that something that keeps pokin-atcha-pokin-atcha...

That's what she said.... :D
Heh, the importance of delayed gratification is something we learned when we were little kids...when will Daddy or Mommy return, when is my next bottle, do I need to sit in these moist Pull-Ups any longer? You understand the picture.

Nowadays, it's dealing with difficult clients, sitting in rush hour traffic, trying to communicate with your spouse calmly about an important issue...

Learning patience is a wonderful thing, because while one copes with the everyday problems, you can still work in anticipation of something better...and that feeling can be both uplifting and enjoyable because you know when that "something new" occurs, you'll feel the gratitude that the delay had caused. Until then, my feeling is simply to adopt a "wait and see" attitude. We both know we won't be disappointed when that "something new" occurs. And just keep busy doing what we usually do until then.

As usual, the probability that first the FM3 will come out of beta, then the FM9 will be served is quite high. But at the end of the day - who knows?

Back
Top Bottom