FM3 Firmware Version 9.00

Interesting.. I haven't done the update yet. Did you reset your amp settings at all? There's a bit of contradictory info on this in this thread and I trying to decide if I should expect to do it. My fm3 is running the latest update prior to this new release

The only amps needing a soft reset are the 1959SLP and Plexi 100. Just minor tweaks for this update nothing beyond the regular amp controls.

After updating FM3-Edit to the latest version and the FM3 to firmware 9.0, I can't list any DynaCab in the software. I'm using macOS Sonoma.

After updating FM3-Edit to the latest version and the FM3 to firmware 9.0, I can't list any DynaCab in the software. I'm using macOS Sonoma.
If you mean that by when you go to select a Dynacab, there were no names of them listed in the selection box. This happened to me also, but only on the Beta 2. When I updated to the full 9 release the Dynacabs list came back.

Riffing positive. Remember when we were learning guitar and would fall asleep with a beloved new instrument or effect in our hands? It happened to me last night with the FM3 Envelope filter. I was myself, then John Mayer, then Garcia, then TOOL. Truly endless fun. I am adding it to all my stage blocks and will also add it to the new record. There is alot of static right now in the forums. So, folks, my rig is running fine and sounds better than ever. APPLE SONOMA, Newest AXE EDIT, and few FA Firmware running OMG 15. Just waiting for the new AXE 3 Editor.

Hm, strange. I've just updated to 9.0 from 8.0 (released version) without any issues on MacOSX 14.6.1 (23G93) (the latest available as of today).

If you install the new FM3 Edit before the new Dynacabs update, you might need to Refresh after new firmware. Installing the new editor causes the auto RANF and will leave the dynacabs blank. That's what happened to me. No biggie, just a 2nd RANF so now mine is double fresh!

You could be the first. ;)
Actually I spent like 5 hours trying to nail it only to get like 80% there (+ had to couple the new EF block with another Filter block for pre shaping, anyway). The result is pretty close to original but it is still missing that signature Wah Rocker mid bark and attack clarity. IMHO it is either not fully achievable with current firmware or my sound copying skills are not yet ready to manifest in their full glory :D

NOTE: The new amp algorithms are more accurate than prior firmware releases. This creates various “artifacts” that real tube amps produce. These include low-frequency intermodulation distortion, “clutter”, spitting and other non-ideal behaviors. These behaviors, however, are precisely what gives tube amps warmth, dynamics and character. They go hand-in-hand. Without these, amp modeling sounds sterile and uninteresting.
This seems like quite the change in ethos versus, say, the Axe-FX II era.

I for one have loved seeing things evolve in this direction. Especially as the box is also full of modern amp designs specifically engineered to tame non-ideal behaviors, for times or players who want sterile and uninteresting output...

It’s not a change in ethos. It’s the ongoing evolution of that ethos. Warts-and-all accuracy and its resulting artifacts have been part of Fractal’s ethos from the beginning.
Old release notes regarding the Deluxe Tweed model:
"Also note that this amp suffers from extreme blocking distortion at or near maximum gain. This is common in very old designs. As it is virtually unplayable like this, the model uses a somewhat reduced level of grid conduction to lower the amount of blocking distortion and make the amp more playable at high Drive settings."

Old release notes regarding the Deluxe Tweed model:
Yes, sometimes they will remove a wart that stands in the way of usability. The rest of them are allowed to shine through.

Here’s a wart that Cliff modeled in the Axe-Fx II eleven years ago...

...I just finished reworking the power supply modeling. It's now a virtual AC supply (by default, can be set back to DC if desired) and I'm sitting here stunned at the difference this makes. Literally stunned almost to the point of speechless. I always felt that AC supplies were a compromise and if it were cost-effective, manufacturers would use DC supplies so I used a DC supply model in the prior firmware.

Back
Top Bottom