FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

I had an issue during a recent rehearsal with two guitars to one FM3T.

When the guitar 1 had it's volume on 0, the sound of the second guitar began to stutter or even mute completely. Changing G1 volume (volume pot on the guitar itself) made G2 work again.

In1 through comps-amp-cab-delay-reverb, etc., In2 through mcomp, pitch, chorus. Both have input gates off. Both are routed into Out1, panned hard left-right.
Preset maxed on CPU, but no red warnings.

This was consistent through the whole gig, I didn't reboot the unit. We even switched guitars. Changed all cables.

I didn't have time to work on replicating this at home, but when I'm back from the travel, I'll try again and post the preset.
Are your compressors both set to use Input 1 as the source? If so, that might explain why...

as per New Features and Improvements -
  • Improved Tape Chorus algorithm. The Number Voices parameter has also been removed from the GUI as it is not applicable to this type.
My issue is, I don't like the new algorithm. The old algorithm (from firmware 7.0) sounds more organic and to be honest - perfect. I can dial in a very watery chorus which sounds like a small clone. Can you please review the code to verify if something was missed? I would like the old tape chorus algorithm back if possible as I cannot replicate the old sound with the new firmware. Note: I've upgraded all my presets to the new firmware.

Thank you. Essentially the patches are these 2 (I only play with these), but maybe I changed them a little bit after I noticed the problem. In any case, I have not noticed the volume drop while I was playing, the volume dropped about 30% after putting the guitar down for a moment and playing it again (strange). The guitar and cables work perfectly (no rust on the jack, no noise or cables with problems). I have the Fm3 since 2 years, and I didn´t have noticed this before with any of the other firmwares (I tested all of them).
Is there a particular Scene you are on when this issue occurs?

Mark

@Mark Day @rglr @frankencat
It has happened again, here is the patch and the video proof. I was playing for about 2 hours without problems. Once I have saved the patch, the general volume of all the presets has dropped (kind of lowering the potentiometer by about 30%). When I restart the Fm3 the volume come back.

EDIT: In the video I have saved patch 17 to number 20, but the same thing happens if I save the patch at the same place number.

Attachments

• test tucana limpio 335.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
as per New Features and Improvements -
  • Improved Tape Chorus algorithm. The Number Voices parameter has also been removed from the GUI as it is not applicable to this type.
My issue is, I don't like the new algorithm. The old algorithm (from firmware 7.0) sounds more organic and to be honest - perfect. I can dial in a very watery chorus which sounds like a small clone. Can you please review the code to verify if something was missed? I would like the old tape chorus algorithm back if possible as I cannot replicate the old sound with the new firmware. Note: I've upgraded all my presets to the new firmware.
Fractal team, when you removed the voices parameter, can you please double check if there is a default value originally set for this parameter? You mentioned this is not applicable but i think it should still be there even if its a fixed value. If I have a second FM3 with the older firmware I can do and show a A/B test.

Another bug:

My presets 18 and 20 were cleared, however the names still appear on the presets window. After pressing ´´Refresh after new firmware´´ (2nd time) the problem went gone. What I don't understand is that I had already refreshed after installing this firmware.

i cannot recreate any of your so called bugs.
and i suppose the louder/quiter issue is related to the killdry bug.
Maybe you're right. I have started with the 'kill dry' feature just in the last week, I have never noticed this problem before. I also didn't know that this feature is causing problems.

Maybe you're right. I have started with the 'kill dry' feature just in the last week, I have never noticed this problem before. I also didn't know that this feature is causing problems.
Selecting and including multiple qutoes has been broken for me, so I can't quote the post, but there is a confirmed bug where when a preset first loads KillDry misbehaves. If you switch to another scene then back I believe it clears itself up. So next time it happens, try switchin scenes to see if it reverts to normal.

Not correct.

Correct.
I stand corrected... but if you do the update and then select update presets and I will say again if you do the update .......you should have cygnus 3. I am just having fun with this so don't let it get to you. Fractal is the Greatest!!!! even if you run into a problem. No modeler at the moment can touch this stuff.

Oh... fm3 is screwed... we have a gig in a week and today when I connected fm3 to the comp, I just checked the fractal bot to see if there is an update, so all my displays stopped lighting up... not even the switches are responding, nothing is happening at all.. :( I tried installing firmware 7 again but it's the same... nothing responds.. :( does anyone have any ideas? IMG_5151.jpgIMG_5150.jpg

I stand corrected... but if you do the update and then select update presets and I will say again if you do the update .......you should have cygnus 3. I am just having fun with this so don't let it get to you. Fractal is the Greatest!!!! even if you run into a problem. No modeler at the moment can touch this stuff.
You have it as soon as you update the firmware. Nothing else is required.

Oh... fm3 is screwed... we have a gig in a week and today when I connected fm3 to the comp, I just checked the fractal bot to see if there is an update, so all my displays stopped lighting up... not even the switches are responding, nothing is happening at all.. :( I tried installing firmware 7 again but it's the same... nothing responds.. :( does anyone have any ideas? View attachment 140774View attachment 140775
Restore or reset your layouts

Back
Top Bottom