FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

With a few bugs fixed quickly in 8.0, I was expecting 8.01 to be in quick succession. Other things have prevented that from being released yet, so I updated the web site to show 8.0 now.

Hi Matt, absolutely loving fw8, great job!
did you manage to take a peek at the race condition bug on per-preset overrides?
Thank you again for all you guys do!

Since upgrading to 8.00, my presets have become more "gained up." For example, I've been using a Dirty Shirley preset which has become more distorted. Same for cleaner amps, like the Bassman (Bassguy). Anyone else experience this? I'm going to dial back the gain on the affected presets -- any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Since upgrading to 8.00, my presets have become more "gained up." For example, I've been using a Dirty Shirley preset which has become more distorted. Same for cleaner amps, like the Bassman (Bassguy). Anyone else experience this? I'm going to dial back the gain on the affected presets -- any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Just adjust until you’re happy with it. I used to like the Shirley with Ares firmware until Cygnus happened. Tried it with FW8 and loving it again.

Never been so easy to dial a tone I like with this firmware.
15 minutes max to make a rock n roll raw and savage tone. And that’s the time with trying new irs I never tried before.

In - amp - delay - cab - out
Delay and neutral input boost for lead. Awesome, no need for compressor mutilple eq or anything.

Can’t wait to hear what’s coming in the next firmware. But fw8 is already heaven

Never been so easy to dial a tone I like with this firmware.
15 minutes max to make a rock n roll raw and savage tone. And that’s the time with trying new irs I never tried before.

In - amp - delay - cab - out
Delay and neutral input boost for lead. Awesome, no need for compressor mutilple eq or anything.

Can’t wait to hear what’s coming in the next firmware. But fw8 is already heaven

Episode 7 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

Great playing! Tone sounds fantastic! What amp / IR combo are you using? What a great song.
Thanks a lot. I used Tone of kings (drive 5), Ts808 (drive 1,5), Amb Brit 800 2204 High (drive and master around 6), cab 4x12 1960B T75 & 4x12 Basketweave G12h30 (level -10 in that cab), chorus dimension 3 (15% mix), delay ambient stereo (10.7 mix) and Reverb coliseum (5 seconds time). And take some feedback from my Digitech freqout. The guitar is an Ibanez SV 5470 F, and I used de Bridge pick-up

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I used Tone of kings (drive 5), Ts808 (drive 1,5), Amb Brit 800 2204 High (drive and master around 6), cab 4x12 1960B T75 & 4x12 Basketweave G12h30 (level -10 in that cab), chorus dimension 3 (15% mix), delay ambient stereo (10.7 mix) and Reverb coliseum (5 seconds time). The guitar is an Ibanez SV 5470 F, and I used de Bridge pick-up
What a legend, thanks for sharing. I never really play with stacking drives so this gives me something to play around with. Can't wait to butcher some Moore licks.

Back
Top Bottom