FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

Hello crew! Has anyone noticed different behavior with scene levels in the output block after this update? I always have my lead scenes at 0 db and everything else at -3. This gives me a good lead/volume boost for solos. After firmware 8.0 it seems to not quite cut it anymore though. (I always use the preset leveling tool before the above to set general amp levels). Appreciate any tips/insight!

Hello crew! Has anyone noticed different behavior with scene levels in the output block after this update? I always have my lead scenes at 0 db and everything else at -3. This gives me a good lead/volume boost for solos. After firmware 8.0 it seems to not quite cut it anymore though. (I always use the preset leveling tool before the above to set general amp levels). Appreciate any tips/insight!

I've had to tweak all the levels of the scenes I normally use, but it's a job I hadn't done before. I thought it was because of me

I've had to tweak all the levels of the scenes I normally use, but it's a job I hadn't done before. I thought it was because of me
When the amp modeling changes, the sound can change. This can include level (or perceived level) changes.

This was a major amp modeling update.

Hello. Has anyone notice a fast tremolo in some strings/frecuencies, with no tremolo block in the preset?. It happens with 2 guitars more in the third string in some frets and in both guitars. In the last FW I didn't hear that tremolo. I notice that recording and listening the sound with my headphones (the same set up that I used in the last FW)

Hello. Has anyone notice a fast tremolo in some strings/frecuencies, with no tremolo block in the preset?. It happens with 2 guitars more in the third string in some frets and in both guitars. In the last FW I didn't hear that tremolo. I notice that recording and listening the sound with my headphones (the same set up that I used in the last FW)
No, I haven't experienced that. Can you post a preset that's giving you this problem?

Yes is in that preset. I´m playing in scene number three, thanks!

Attachments

• JOE SATRIANI.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 11
Possible bug: Euro Uber with Recto Straight speaker impedance curve (amp block) causes self-feedback.
Not the same 'bug' here but that amp model paired with that impedance curve always seems to cause problems. In my Axe FX III if you choose the 'Euro Uber' and use the 'Recto Straight' curve, presence values below 4-5 causes the unit to freeze and requires a reboot...

I can't reproduce this. It seems totally fine here with that curve, even when I jack up all resonances to max. Do you have a preset?
Thanks. I do, but I likely won't be able to plug the FM3 into the computer for at least a week.

I was using an analog (external) noise gate, and made sure that this would happen when no guitar signal was going through. I was also on headphones, so it is not feedback.

I changed the SIC to Recto Large and 5153 and it was normal. Then I'd change SIC to Recto Straight and I get this low-freq feedback. I even turned off the cab block to bypass to make sure it wasn't that.

anyone have an update on the race condition bug when using per-preset overrides, layout links do not work.
I've been very quiet on here past few weeks, mostly, because firmware 8 has been such a huge game changer for me, my FM3 just continues to keep me coming back for more tweaks, new amp ideas. so good, just wish I could use ppoverride layout links. Thanks

I can't reproduce this. It seems totally fine here with that curve, even when I jack up all resonances to max. Do you have a preset?
Start new preset. Amp is Euro Uber. Set SIC to Recto Straight. Lower presence to about 9 o'clock (is that something like 2?) and you'll get the self-feedback.

anyone have an update on the race condition bug when using per-preset overrides, layout links do not work.
I've been very quiet on here past few weeks, mostly, because firmware 8 has been such a huge game changer for me, my FM3 just continues to keep me coming back for more tweaks, new amp ideas. so good, just wish I could use ppoverride layout links. Thanks
That fix was just released for the Axe-Fx III. The FM3 can’t be far behind. ;)

@Mark Day @rglr @frankencat
It has happened again, here is the patch and the video proof. I was playing for about 2 hours without problems. Once I have saved the patch, the general volume of all the presets has dropped (kind of lowering the potentiometer by about 30%). When I restart the Fm3 the volume come back.

EDIT: In the video I have saved patch 17 to number 20, but the same thing happens if I save the patch at the same place number.

I have the same problem.

In fact, the general volume does not decrease, it is the opposite.

It is stronger, and when it goes down, it returns to normal volume.

I searched for a long time, to finally understand that it is the kill dry that has a problem.

I first looked elsewhere because it was a problem I had at the base by importing my presets of the fx III, to finally realize, by making a preset starting from an empty preset that it is the kill dry that does that.

I have all my delays and reverbs in parallel. I updated everything with the kill dry.

Experience, cut and put back the kill dry, you will notice that it is exactly this change in volume that you have.

If it's not fixed quickly, I know that at the sound check, I have to change the scene and go back to a preset, and then my general level will be ok (not very practical in itself)

I reported it to G66

Back
Top Bottom