FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

All factory presets I tested don't have any gaps, bad my custom presets do.
I embedded the screenshots to have proof - in my initial post, you can see that I first heard the gap and then recorded it, not the other way around.
I think it's fair to post a preset which can't handle gapless preset changes.
Just trying to give a hint: in your post you talk having copied the presets, so they're saved under FW8, but you never mentioned doing the whole process:
"Your presets must be saved under firmware 8.x or newer. You can do this manually in any of the usual ways or use the automatic utility in: SETUP > Utilities > Preset > Upgrade All Presets. "
What I mean, you should not have saved/upgraded only the presets you're testing, but ALL of them (I think this makes sense since the 'gapless algorithm cannot know that you want to use just those two). At least try to upgrade all presets, then test again, no harm done trying :)

Last edited:
Just trying to give a hint: in your post you talk having copied the presets, so they're saved under FW8, but you never mentioned doing the whole process:
"Your presets must be saved under firmware 8.x or newer. You can do this manually in any of the usual ways or use the automatic utility in: SETUP > Utilities > Preset > Upgrade All Presets. "
What I mean, you should not have saved/upgraded only the presets you're testing, but ALL of them (I think this makes sense since the 'gapless algorithm cannot not that you want to use just those two). At least try to upgrade all presets, then test again, no harm done trying :)

I did "upgrade all presets" after installing the Firmware before I was editing my presets.
But you are right, I did not mention it.

Hi Guys,

I've updated the firmware just now but none of the new amps are showing up, either on FM-Edit or on the unit itself

I've already done the Presets > Upgrade All part for the gapless so I've definitely upgraded. I bought it around 10 months ago so this might be my first update. Any ideas on what I should be doing?

Hi Guys,

I've updated the firmware just now but none of the new amps are showing up, either on FM-Edit or on the unit itself

I've already done the Presets > Upgrade All part for the gapless so I've definitely upgraded. I bought it around 10 months ago so this might be my first update. Any ideas on what I should be doing?
RANF - Choose 'Refresh After New Firmware' in the Editor.

This ran when I first opened the Editor after updating and gave it a second iteration now, but they're still not showing up.
They're not showing in the menu for the fm3, either.
If they’re not showing up on the unit, you haven’t installed the firmware. What firmware version does it say on the unit now?

From the wiki-
Check the version of the installed firmware
On the processor, go to the Utilities menu to see the installed firmware version.

The editors show the version in the top left corner of the main screen.

This ran when I first opened the Editor after updating and gave it a second iteration now, but they're still not showing up.
They're not showing in the menu for the fm3, either.
Where are you looking for the new amps? If you’re trying to find them in the presets, you won’t. No new factory presets were built for them.

Instead, edit the Amp block and scroll through the amp Types.

Where are you looking for the new amps? If you’re trying to find them in the presets, you won’t. No new factory presets were built for them.

Instead, edit the Amp block and scroll through the amp Types.
Ah, Christ, that makes sense.

May have found that sooner but I'm adjusting to using the software rather than running the unit directly into my cab.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! Gapless changes are amazing. Not very much time to try and hear improvements in sound quality… it sounded perfect anyway

New FM3 user as well as a new Fractal user.. Thanks for this great machine and updates. Started off with 8 beta from the get go, I figured this was a great place to start..
Welcome! I hope you really enjoy your FM3; I know I have mine.

Installed 8.00 a few days ago .

The new JCM 800 2203......wow. That's all I can say. I've never owned a JCM-800 (some day), but I've played quite a few and this is the most accurate most "amp like" model I've ever played.

I never jived with the original Brit 800 (2204), too dark. I used the Brit 800 mod for everything, and that one is still great for more extreme metal stuff, but I think I'm going to be switching most of my presets over to the new 2203. It's just more dynamic, far more versatile and more accurate sounding imo. It's a bright one for sure, but a T808 in front of it tames it quite well, and that clean tone. I could get away with using nothing but this amp and be happy for the most part.

Does FW 8.00 have the improved Input Block Noise Gate of the AXE-FXIII and FM9?
If I directly compare the wording of the release notes, the noise gate of the FM3 now seems to be the same as in the previous firmwares of the AXE-FXIII and FM9, but not the current one.

Installed 8.00 a few days ago .

The new JCM 800 2203......wow. That's all I can say. I've never owned a JCM-800 (some day), but I've played quite a few and this is the most accurate most "amp like" model I've ever played.

I never jived with the original Brit 800 (2204), too dark. I used the Brit 800 mod for everything, and that one is still great for more extreme metal stuff, but I think I'm going to be switching most of my presets over to the new 2203. It's just more dynamic, far more versatile and more accurate sounding imo. It's a bright one for sure, but a T808 in front of it tames it quite well, and that clean tone. I could get away with using nothing but this amp and be happy for the most part.
Same here. It’s the most amp like model I’ve ever played too.
So much that I rebuilt all of my presets with 2203 high and low.

There’s something magical in the way it has been modeled.

still disturbs me though, that i need the 2203 low on +9db level to match the output of the 5f8 tweed on level -14 ...

still disturbs me though, that i need the 2203 low on +9db level to match the output of the 5f8 tweed on level -14 ...

That doesn't really mean anything, Amps have so many ways to adjusting level (input level into the amp, input trim, built in padding like the 2203 Low has which cuts the input signal, input gain controls, master volume controls, final output level controls) that having all the amps be consistent isn't really practical. Most likely it's set up so that the cranked high gain sound is closer to the output level you expect and using the low input with a cleaner sound is quieter. If you cranked the input volume/gain up does it get closer to your expectations?

Back
Top Bottom