FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

All good, no issues here. I got a new guitar today as well so this was an extra bonus for me coming home from work tonight and getting to play it through the FM3. Thanks guys!

The FM3 is an all-new product and will require different settings. Go ahead and adjust the Input Pad as directed in the Quick Start.
Coming from the Axe-FX II, I am really missing the "Instr In" option on input tab of the I/O options, as using active EMG's I adjusted this setting for different guitars, and with EMG's had to reduce it 25-40%

On the FM3 this variable is not present, and I've set the PAD's fully padded, but it's still slamming the input wat too hot. I can find no other way to reduce the signal in, as the input blocks have only output options, and using my volume on my guitar seems to lose dynamics.

I've even lowered my pickups on my guitar as low as they will go and still clipping the inputs resulting in a digital distortion which sounds quite bad.

any suggestions?

Coming from the Axe-FX II, I am really missing the "Instr In" option on input tab of the I/O options, as using active EMG's I adjusted this setting for different guitars, and with EMG's had to reduce it 25-40%

On the FM3 this variable is not present, and I've set the PAD's fully padded, but it's still slamming the input wat too hot. I can find no other way to reduce the signal in, as the input blocks have only output options, and using my volume on my guitar seems to lose dynamics.

I've even lowered my pickups on my guitar as low as they will go and still clipping the inputs resulting in a digital distortion which sounds quite bad.

any suggestions?
The pad set to 18 dB is equivalent to setting the Input 1/Instr A/D Input Level to 10% on the Axe-Fx III. So either you don't have the pad set right or there's a bug in the firmware.

Back
Top Bottom