FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

The pad set to 18 dB is equivalent to setting the Input 1/Instr A/D Input Level to 10% on the Axe-Fx III. So either you don't have the pad set right or there's a bug in the firmware.
I updated to 1.05 and the padding is working now. I even was able to return my pickups to where I had them prior. Not sure what's up but it's all good now!

After being on for a while now, in a room with ambient of 22C, FM3 is reporting 47.7C.
I realize this is actually core temp now, a new normal. No fan action presently :)
Adding Preset is at 74%

The FM3 is an all-new product and will require different settings. Go ahead and adjust the Input Pad as directed in the Quick Start.

+1. On my PRS SE Custom 24 with arguably only medium-high output Seymour Duncans (Pegasus and Sentient), I still had to pad Input 1 by 6dB so that the meter would only occasionally tickle the red light instead of constantly go there.

Side note - thank you for 1.05! Loving it so far.

There seems to be an issue with using a mouse scroll wheel (Windows 10) on the Level, Balance, and Mix parameters in the 'Master' section of all blocks? If you move fast, the value sounds as if it changes a lot. But the display on the Hardware, and the Editor, only move a little. Does it up or down. 'Click and Drag' seems to work normally (and snaps it back in sync).

And I also noticed that all parameters in the Delay block (so far?) only move slowly when edited on the Hardware. It takes a long time to go from 0.0 to 100.0

Based on the release notes, this still does not include the Pitch Block latency updates/improvements that were rolled out on the AxeFx III, is that correct? Just want to be sure before I ditch my Digitech Drop.

I still seem to have some lingering bugs from updating to 1.04 and then back to 1.03 with the OMG-9 so I am wondering if it is working better in this release.

I still seem to have some lingering bugs from updating to 1.04 and then back to 1.03 with the OMG-9 so I am wondering if it is working better in this release.
It's working fine for me. Don't know what your lingering bugs are, so I can't help you there.

Lingering bugs? What does that even mean?
Well, some of the blocks that I put in my presets under 1.04 don't work with the rollback to 1.03. So I get an error message every time I open FM3 Edit. Erasing and reinstalling the block doesn't stop the error. The other one is when switching to scenes on the FM3, the FC-6 shows both scenes and effects on the footswitches. Holding the left or right switch doesn't shift the view, so for example, I can't access Scene 1 sometimes. Hopefully this solves some of that, but I will wait for a little more review of the release to update.

There seems to be an issue with using a mouse scroll wheel (Windows 10) on the Level, Balance, and Mix parameters in the 'Master' section of all blocks? If you move fast, the value sounds as if it changes a lot. But the display on the Hardware, and the Editor, only move a little. Does it up or down. 'Click and Drag' seems to work normally (and snaps it back in sync).

And I also noticed that all parameters in the Delay block (so far?) only move slowly when edited on the Hardware. It takes a long time to go from 0.0 to 100.0
Does the presets you are using have high CPU usage (over 82%) and/or two delay blocks?

If you send me the preset, I can take a look when I have a chance.

Well, some of the blocks that I put in my presets under 1.04 don't work with the rollback to 1.03. So I get an error message every time I open FM3 Edit. Erasing and reinstalling the block doesn't stop the error.
It's not unusual for stuff created in a later firmware to not be readable in and earlier firmware. What does the error message say?

The other one is when switching to scenes on the FM3, the FC-6 shows both scenes and effects on the footswitches.
What scenes and effects does it show?

Holding the left or right switch doesn't shift the view, so for example, I can't access Scene 1 sometimes.
Holding the left or right switch isn't supposed to change views in Scenes mode. Holding the Scenes switch on the FM3 does that.

Back
Top Bottom