FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

Based on the release notes, this still does not include the Pitch Block latency updates/improvements that were rolled out on the AxeFx III, is that correct? Just want to be sure before I ditch my Digitech Drop.

I am waiting for this in the FM3 as well but I don't think we have it yet. My brother uses the AxeFx III and the new pitch block update is awesome; tracks great.

Any time I play audio over USB, i am hit with a bunch of digital artifacts and pitch shifting every 10 seconds. Same thing with any recorded audio.

You're using Windows? Deleted and reinstalled the drivers? Replaced the cable? Tried another DAW? Or even another computer?

Last edited:
I've worked on new presets for hours with no issues but FM3-Edit got bogged down once when I was working it pretty hard and it took almost two minutes to catch up but it didn't freeze. Only happened once. Loving this new devise!

Any time I play audio over USB, i am hit with a bunch of digital artifacts and pitch shifting every 10 seconds. Same thing with any recorded audio.
I am also having issues with USB audio playback after updating to 1.05. I’ve tried everything I could think of (deleted and reinstalled drivers, changed buffer size, optimized Windows 10 for audio, etc.) with no Improvement. The new firmware now allows my DAW to recognize my FM3 but I have all sorts of audio glitches when playing back any audio through the FM3, whether from Studio One or other applications. The sound “slows down” and starts crackling considerably every few minutes. This was not happening with 1.03 or 1.04.

You're using Windows? Deleted and reinstalled the drivers? Replaced the cable? Tried another DAW? Or even another computer?
FYI I have the same issue he does, Windows 10.
Did not reinstall the drivers since it wasn't instructed in the release notes.

@BryantP I'm still having an issue with the Pitch Block Level doing some weird things when I switch scenes in a preset. Same issue I had with FW 1.04 but that was only when using FM3 Edit. Now it's doing it when I'm only using the FM3 too.

I've attached the preset. I'm using Channel A of the Pitch Block set to Dual Detune with the level set at 25% for scenes 1,2,3 and 6.
Scenes 4 and 5 the Pitch Block is set to Channel B and Classic Whammy 1octave lower with the level set at 15%.

When I'm changing presets on just the FM3 or FM3 and FM3 Edit the Pitch Block Channel A level is defaulting to 50% and the Channel B level is defaulting to 100%.

Attachments

• Secret Loser.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I am also having issues with USB audio playback after updating to 1.05. I’ve tried everything I could think of (deleted and reinstalled drivers, changed buffer size, optimized Windows 10 for audio, etc.) with no Improvement. The new firmware now allows my DAW to recognize my FM3 but I have all sorts of audio glitches when playing back any audio through the FM3, whether from Studio One or other applications. The sound “slows down” and starts crackling considerably every few minutes. This was not happening with 1.03 or 1.04.
This is identical to my experience, even down to 1.04 not recognizing my device at all and now 1.05 exhibiting the exact same behavior you are hearing.

My fan is constantly on with FW 1.0.5, my main preset only averages 30% cpu.

With version 1.0.4 and below the fan would basically never turn on after boot up :(

need to check what temp the unit says, but this is in a 70° F air conditioned room, I don't really have heat issues in here.

This is identical to my experience, even down to 1.04 not recognizing my device at all and now 1.05 exhibiting the exact same behavior you are hearing.

Im also experiencing the same issue when recording. Bunch of artifacts.

Recording through my interface if fine. Recording out of the usb on the FM3 is where things sound all weird. Levels are all fine.

I’ve noticed a graphics glitch running 1.05. I have a whammy effect assigned to my EV-2 on a lead preset. When I change scenes, there are strange black bars that cover the edit screen, and flickering of the knob on screen. No adverse change in sound tho.

@BryantP I'm still having an issue with the Pitch Block Level doing some weird things when I switch scenes in a preset. Same issue I had with FW 1.04 but that was only when using FM3 Edit. Now it's doing it when I'm only using the FM3 too.

I've attached the preset. I'm using Channel A of the Pitch Block set to Dual Detune with the level set at 25% for scenes 1,2,3 and 6.
Scenes 4 and 5 the Pitch Block is set to Channel B and Classic Whammy 1octave lower with the level set at 15%.

When I'm changing presets on just the FM3 or FM3 and FM3 Edit the Pitch Block Channel A level is defaulting to 50% and the Channel B level is defaulting to 100%.
@BryantP I tested this out for @bishop5150 and see the same behavior from the pitch block. I also went to a different preset of my own, added a pitch block and the same behavior presented itself, both with and without FM Edit running. Todd, did you already submit this as a bug?

Back
Top Bottom