FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

BryantP

Administrator
FM3 firmware version 1.05 is now available for download:

A new version of FM3-Edit is also available: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-01-05.163160/

Release Notes:
• Minor Amp block optimizations.​
• Improved how Amp block and Delay block values are synchronized with FM3-Edit.​
• Fixed Pitch block mix overriding custom settings.​
• Eliminated scenes/presets “blip” while FM3-Edit is open (requires FM3-Edit 1.01.05 rc2).​
• Improved fan control relies on actual CPU temperature vs. ambient temperature.​
• Preset 000 will no longer occasionally be blank on startup.​
• Default Scene will now be loaded correctly on preset change.​
• MIDI clock synchronization with DAWs should now result in a consistent tempo.​
• Fixed stability issues when 5-pin MIDI communications are active.​
• MIDI/Remote channel changes should now operate as expected using CC messages.​
• FC: Prevent stand-in switch from switching the view when Hold Function Mode is SWITCH UP.​
• Additional improvements related to stability and performance.​

Last edited:
Woot.

A note about CPU temps: the fan now operates at different thresholds than when the ambient temperature was used. It should now spin up at 60°C, switch to high speed at 70°C, and turn off when the temperature drops below 55°C.

Also note that on-screen temperature readings may be different than those you may have become accustomed to seeing when the ambient temperature was being measured.

Last edited:
Record latency seems fixed, although I am getting lots of artifacts when I record takes. Even with high buffer settings.

Downloading now! Quick question, I didn't want to start a new thread if someone could answer this. I've got all the fractal units old to new and the FM3 is the only one that didn't tickle the red on input 1 right out of the box with passive pickups being used. It practically stayed in the red solid for me and I had to change the input setting, is the input different than previous products? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom