FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I like the whole IMG9 concept, with the FM3 essentially telling the FC6 what to do. But I have a stupid question. What if I would like to change the “table of contents”?

for example, I don’t need MORE Scenes (6 is more than enough) but need a tap tempo. So I’d like FS 3 to do “tap/tuner”, while S1 and 2 would have “Scenes/Presets” and “Effects/Looper”.

Can I just edit layout 8 for this?

So I like the whole IMG9 concept, with the FM3 essentially telling the FC6 what to do. But I have a stupid question. What if I would like to change the “table of contents”?

for example, I don’t need MORE Scenes (6 is more than enough) but need a tap tempo. So I’d like FS 3 to do “tap/tuner”, while S1 and 2 would have “Scenes/Presets” and “Effects/Looper”.

Can I just edit layout 8 for this?

Every aspect of every switch in every FC layout is user-programmable. The FM3 manual and Fractal Audio Footswitch Functions Guide are fully up to date and cover everything that you can do, and how to do it.

Just got my FM3 last night. Thank you Fractal! OMG9 layout is awesome. Setup my basic gigging patches very quick last night. Just need to level and tweak a bit. Lots of time........ Love the flexibility.

Can someone explain how the FC-6 works with the FM3 and the AX3?
Say I have the FC-6 set up to do the OMG9 with the FM3.

What happens when I plug it into the AX3?

Can someone explain how the FC-6 works with the FM3 and the AX3?
Say I have the FC-6 set up to do the OMG9 with the FM3.

What happens when I plug it into the AX3?
Settings are saved at the sound processing unit side. So when you plug it into your III, the FC6 will behave however you set it up on the III. Nothing is carried over from the FM3 to the III and vice versa.

Settings are saved at the sound processing unit side. So when you plug it into your III, the FC6 will behave however you set it up on the III. Nothing is carried over from the FM3 to the III and vice versa.
Essentially, it is kinda like an old WYSE dumb terminal - it is just a collection of buttons that tell the head unit what you want to do. The head unit configures the actions and carries them out. So, for example, when you tap button 3, the FC sends a message to the head unit, "user tapped button 3", and the head unit looks up what you have configured that button to do, and makes it happen, cap'n....

Hello everyone, there is something that I miss.
Once I'm in the effect mode, but of course I can ask same thing about scenes, can I have A/B setting for every effects (or scene)?

Hello everyone, there is something that I miss.
Once I'm in the effect mode, but of course I can ask same thing about scenes, can I have A/B setting for every effects (or scene)?
There is no AB setting for scenes, but yes, you can switch channels on the Effects layout.
Open the Layout in FM3 Edit and add a HOLD function under the switches you want to switch channels on.
Then a long-press will switch between your assigned channels.

Leon, just to make sure I have this right, are you using scenes to change amps within your Kitchen Sink Preset? You then toggle on/off the effects within the Scenes once you choose your amp?? This four channel thing is new to me coming from the AX8.

Just being reassured and convinced by looking at the way the omg9 layout works....maybe i'm wrong to keep moaning about losing the ax8 form factor:)....one final question...is there any way to make the controls on the fm3 with the omg 9 default to the amp controls of the selected preset? Another thing I liked about the ax8, was having the amp controls there in front of me as I was playing, so i could tweak my basic sound without using the editor or going through menus? Is this possible on the fm3/fc6/omg9 combo? hope this is the right thread to ask this.

is there any way to make the controls on the fm3 with the omg 9 default to the amp controls of the selected preset?
Not at present. If the FM3 gains performance modifiers for the soft knobs, similar to the Axe-Fx III, you'll have the ability to map AMP parameters to the knobs and gain quick access to editing those parameters without having to find the AMP block in the layout view and hit EDIT.

Another thing I liked about the ax8, was having the amp controls there in front of me as I was playing, so i could tweak my basic sound without using the editor or going through menus? Is this possible on the fm3/fc6/omg9 combo?
See above. Not at present.

Not at present. If the FM3 gains performance modifiers for the soft knobs, similar to the Axe-Fx III, you'll have the ability to map AMP parameters to the knobs and gain quick access to editing those parameters without having to find the AMP block in the layout view and hit EDIT.

See above. Not at present.

Thanks very much for the info. Is this in wanted by anyone else? Is there a thread or wishlist that i could add my name to requests for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom